National Administration Officer(General Admin & Procurement)
WFP, SAVING LIVES... CHANGING LIVES
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Yemen is pleased to announce the below vacancy.
Contract type: Fixed Terms & Service Contract
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Hodeidah, Yemen
Application deadline: 05th December 2021 @11:59 p.m. (Yemen time)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to a more senior Administration Officer. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to the Area Office work plan, by supporting the development of Administration unit work plan and implementation of policies, systems, and
procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
2. Participate in the establishment of the Area Office annual procurement plan and the identification of potential vendors and local suppliers to enable WFP to
maximize the value of goods and services delivered through Micro Purchase Orders (MPOs).
3. Work in close collaboration with cross-functional units to implement Area Office procurement activities in accordance with the Procurement plan or whenever
the need arises. Prepare accurate and timely reports for ongoing procurement activities, including NFI stock control reports.
4. Participate in the assessment of Administrative expenditure (office premises, assets, travel, stationery, office furniture, and office supplies, etc.) and Non-Food
Items (NFI) for previous years, to facilitate the preparation of budgetary plans.
5. Support the management of existing resources in areas of responsibility (Facilities, Assets, and Travel Management), and assist in the identification of new
requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
6. Support the implementation of WFP official systems in the office e.g. GEMS, GEMS Mobile, FMS, Archibus, etc; draft correspondences and internal procedural
directives relating to administrative matters and ensure WFP’s administrative resources are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are
adequate and functioning.
Other Key accountabilities
7. Facilitate the compliance of services provided (Facilities, Assets, and Travel Management); with the corporate occupational and Health policy.
8. Support the execution and renewal of Administration service contracts, facilities lease agreements, and MoUs for WFP Premises, UN shared premises / Common
9. Ensure proper management of staff travel and light vehicle fleet by verifying expenditure allotment for proper accountability of fund allocation.
10. Liaise with Area Office travel focal point to ensure protocol activities are well coordinated in partnership with key focal points at Country level.
11. Adapt and update administrative procedures, support the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to contribute to the continuous
improvement of administrative services in the area of responsibility.
Other Key Accountabilities
12. Support the analysis of various data and compile/prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informed decision-making
and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
13. Promote the Use of WFP corporate information management systems such as GEMS, GEMS Mobile, FMS, Archibus, ITS, etc; to analyse information for
14. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of
15. Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems to ensure consistency and
efficiency of services provided to all clients.
16. Supervise staff under areas of responsibility and perform any other duties as required by Management.
17. Others as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration. or other related field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
One or more years of relevant postgraduate work experience with an advanced educational degree in a relevant area of expertise OR 3 years or more of relevant postgraduate experience with a first university degree in a relevant area of expertise. (Administrative/Assistant/Secretariat work experience is not considered, except for years holding Associate positions or above (UN equivalent grade G-6 or above), in which case each year is counted at 50%).
Fluency in English (level C written and spoken). Fluency in Arabic (level C written and spoken).
Nationality: Yemeni national only
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Business Support Services & Reporting
Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.
Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering
Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.
Resource Management for Administration and Engineering
Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services
Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.
Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
How to Apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 05 December 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Link For Non-WFP candidates: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=153585&company=C0000168410P
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل