Ended WPE Response Officer
Position: Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Response Officer
Report to: WPE Coordinator
Manages: WPE Case Workers
Duty Station: Alhodaida Governorate
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen WPE Manager , and based in Alhodaida, the WPE Response Officer will be responsible for the implementation, and quality of the Alhodaida WPE response sector in the Women and Girls Community Center (WGCC) or mobile team while working in close collaboration with the IRC team and local partners.
In collaboration and under the direct superovulation of WPE Manager, the WPE Response Officer will:
- Contribute in the establishment of the WGCC and/or assist with locating safe areas to conduct psychosocial support (PSS) in communities reached by the mobile teams.
- Manage the WGCC or mobile team and supervise the activities.
- Supervise the WPE Social workers and PSS assistants, and provide on job training and technical support.
- Work with caseworkers to ensure that WPE case management standards are adhered to, and when appropriate, provide direct WPE case management and PSS.
- Ensure supplies/resources for counseling spaces, women centers and other program activities are requested on a timely manner and are efficiently utilized.
- Conducting safety audits, in coordination with the Prevention Officer, to identify risks and compile findings in weekly report to improve services.
- Work with the Prevention Officer and mobile health team to develop daily and weekly outreach plan based on case trends and need of women and girls.
- Work in coordination with external actors, IRCs mobile health team and the WPE Coordinator to improve the GBV referral pathway.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with GBV actor and services providers and CBOs and other IRC sectors staff.
- Contribute and assist to develop and conduct training, and workshop for IRC staff, volunteers and GBV actors on response activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with the stakeholders to ensure safe and accessible programing.
- Contribute in preparing the monthly spending, procurement, and work plans.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by Supervisor
Required qualification and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other relevant training
- Good working knowledge of English language.
- Minimum three years professional experience in implementing GBV response programs.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Knowledge of GBVIMS or confidential data entry
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible, able to handle pressure well, and strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- Deep understanding of gender-based violence, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Sanaa.email@example.com not later than 11 February 2019 putting (WPE) Response Officer as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted