Ended WPE Community Mobilizer
Position: WPE Community Mobilizer
Report to: WPE Manager
Duty Station: Alhudaida Governonate
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
Under the supervision of the WPE Prevention and Risk Reduction Officer, the WPE community mobilizer will be responsible of implementing and managing all GBV prevention and risk mitigation activities which includes community awareness and education strategies and approaches to increase safety of target communities and women and girls who are at risk of GBV. The WPE Manager will ensure that community mobilization activities, risk mitigation, safety assessments, outreach visits, capacity building trainings, meetings, and community-based activities are properly planned, implemented, and monitored.
In collaboration and under the direction of the WPE Manager, community mobilizer will:
- Conduct information and awareness sessions with women and girls in the community to disseminate information about available services and key protection concerns
- Identify and assess new communities to be engaged in WPE activities
- Maintain regular contact with community focal points and community outreach volunteers to ensure a constant flow of information and feedback
- Gather feedback at the community level regarding WPE service provision and share information with the WPE Senior Officer
- Identify and engage key “gatekeepers” within the community to ensure access of WPE teams and promote participation of the community in activities
Risk mitigation activities
- In close collaboration with community outreach volunteers conduct regular safety assessments to identify key risks faced by women and girls within their community
- Support community outreach volunteers and other community members in developing advocacy messages and strategies to address and/or mitigate risks faced by women and girls
- Facilitate referral of identified needs to humanitarian organizations and other service providers, ensuring follow up and feedback to the community
Required qualification and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or other related area.
- Good working knowledge of English language.
- Minimum two years professional experience in GBV prevention or risk reduction
- Proven ability in community mobilization.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is needed
- Deep understanding of violence against women and girls, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Sanaa.email@example.com not later than 11 February 2019 putting WPE Community Mobilizer as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted