Ended HR Officer
Job Title: HR Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Department: Administration and Human Resources.
Location: Yemen | Aden
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development and Women Protection and Empowerment. These sectors are responding to food insecurity, cholera and other humanitarian needs within the displaced and conflict affected populations.
Under the Supervision of the HR & Admin Manager, the HR Officer is responsible for the administring the employee life cycle from onboarding and induction to staff exit. She/he will also be responsible to maintain the staff database up-to-date and ensure correct management of paper documentation and staff files.
On-boarding and staff orientation
- Liaising with relevant departments, prepare a comprehensive orientation schedule.
- Prepare the onboarding file: contract, policies ….
- Liaising with the relevant departments, ensure that new staff receives telephone/sim card, IRC card, Medical Insurance cards and is provided access to the building.
- Ensure that IRC email is created with collaboration with IT department
- Prepare change of status form for employee transferring to a new location or being promoted.
- Prepare exit form and coordinate with relevant departments for submission of staff assets.
- Ensure staff database is kept up-to-date at all times.
- Ensure that all relevant trackers are up-to-date and supported by relevant documents: leave tracker, timesheet database, master contract list etc.…
- Generate on a monthly basis from the fingerprint system relevant report on staff attendance
- Prepare all supporting documents for the monthly payroll
Documents and information
- Ensure that paper documents and staff files are archived in compliance with IRC policies
- Dispatch on a daily basis all documents left in the HR Drop Box
- Keep information on the HR Bulletin board up to date.
This job description is not exhaustive and additional tasks in the remit of the role may be added/removed according to operational changes.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Admin HR Manager
Position supervises: None
Other Internal contacts: Member of the HR team and all Country Program staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Experience will quality in lieu of relevant degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in HR/Admin preferably in an INGO setting.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Attention to details.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Aden.Recruitment@rescue.org not later than 12 February 2019 putting HR Officer as the email subject to be considered.