Ended Project Assistant
Job Title: Project Assistant, Cash for Work.
Division/Department: FAO Representation in Yemen
Location: Sana’a / Yemen
Expected Start Date of Assignment: February, 2018
Duration: 12 months (renewable) including a 3-month probation period
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR) and the Deputy FAOR, under the direct supervision of the Head of FAO Yemen Cash Operation Unit and in close collaboration with the Program and Finance, the cash for work, project assistant will:
• Collect data from the program team and communicate it with program officer, cash based.
• Complete operation related documents working closely with finance team.
• Maintain projects inventories, Beneficiary IDs, photos, approved PRs, RoRs POs, and related finance documents to the cash disbursement and archive them.
• Review cash-for-work time records of work for accuracy and completeness and verify amounts to be paid.
• Track the payments of the cash-for-work labors entering them in data.
• Track the budget burning to the cash-for-work
• Assist in preparing of CFW payments and prepare projects payment summaries.
• Keep tracking of any discrepancies when making field disbursement and resolve those discrepancies with the finance and projects team.
• Ensure that each CFW payments for project are properly signed, completed, approved and send to finance for issuing the payments.
• Assisting cleaning and protecting the data base of the beneficiaries.
• Prepare the list of the CFW beneficiaries according to the payment plan and instruction.
• Provide back up support to finance team for any payments matters and checklists.
• Assisting in preparing the cash transfer plan and instruction for the FSP.
• Work closely with the finance team and program team.
• Report directly to the Program Officer, Cash based.
• Other related tasks as required.
• University degree in any related field.
• Minimum 2 years of direct field experience in implementing food/vegetable production and WASH interventions. At least one Year in cash for work.
• Good knowledge of cash for work procedures.
• Advance Knowledge and experience in Data Base management.
• Having advanced Excel skills and MS applications.
• Organizational and time-management skills.
• Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
• Full competency and fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
• Ability to interact effectively with the community is required.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities.
• Willingness to travel and work in remote rural communities with limited access to basic facilities
• Extent of experience in working effectively in multidisciplinary teams;
• Demonstrated capacity to plan, advise and guide planning processes;
• Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds;
• Ability to plan and meet deadlines;
• Teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility.
Note: FAO encourages applications from female candidates.
All applications should be sent to HR-Yemen@fao.org (The Job Title and location should be mentioned in the subject line of the email application).
- Project-based post
- 1 year (extendable) including three-month probationary period
- Motivation/cover letter
- create a table as follows and put it as a covering page to the application
Relevant experience (in 10 bullet points max, 100 words max)
Motivation for the position (in 30 words max)
- Only candidates that comply with the above will be taken into account.