Ended Finance Assistant, Cash Based
Job Title: Finance Assistant, Cash Based
Division/Department: FAO Representation in Yemen
Location: Sana’a / Yemen
Expected Start Date of Assignment: February, 2019
Duration: 12 months (renewable) including a 3-month probation period
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR) and the Deputy FAOR, under the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Admin) Yemen Finance Unit and in close collaboration with the Programme and operation, the Finance Assistant will:
• Work closely with the other branches involved in cash disbursement.
• Raise appropriate financial commitments in GRMS (Purchase Orders for the commission and transfer values).
• Issuing the Transfer Instruction to the FSP and confirming receipt.
• Receiving and logging invoices from the FSP, plus any attached disbursement report and supporting documentation.
• Work with the operation and M&E teams to review the received documents from the FSP to make sure of the cash disbursement process and facilitate the invoices payments to the banks.
• Track and reconcile bank statements.
• Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc as required especially for cash projects.
• Manage the cash payments to the banks.
• Update financial records with recent transactions and changes.
• Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
• Providing Financial Support and Advice to the staffs on financial matters.
• Participate in quarterly and annual audits
• Perform other related duties as required.
• University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
• Five years of relevant experience in national or international organizations in finance assistant roles.
• Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
• Having advanced Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions).
• Familiarity with accounting software.
• Organizational and time-management skills.
• Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
• Full competency and fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
• Extent of experience in working effectively in multidisciplinary teams;
• Demonstrated capacity to plan, advise and guide planning processes;
• Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds;
• Ability to plan and meet deadlines;
• Sound understanding of the programme management cycle and support activities
• Capacity to take initiative, and suggest modifications in the FAO process
• The incumbent must possess teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility
Note: FAO encourages applications from female candidates.
- All applications should be sent to HR-Yemen@fao.org (The Job Title and location should be mentioned in the subject line of the email application).
- Project-based post
- 1 year (extendable) including three-month probationary period
- Motivation/cover letter
- create a table as follows and put it as a covering page to the application
Relevant experience (in 10 bullet points max, 100 words max)
Motivation for the position (in 30 words max)
- Only candidates that comply with the above will be taken into account.