Ended Admin/HR Assistant
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeida, Raymah, Ibb, Al-Dhalee, Saadah, Al Jawf and currently in Aden
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in Hodeida.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
- Position: Admin/HR Assistant
- Department: Administration
- Location: Hodeidah/Raymah
- Contract Type: Fixed term
- Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain all staff records and individual files including contracts, leaves, appraisals, etc.;
- Provide HR administrative support (e.g. preparing of advertisements, receiving and filling applications, inviting candidates for interview, organizing interview venues, issuance of new staff identity cards – IDs, medical cards etc.) during staff recruitment processes;
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees as assigned;
- Scan documents related to HR department.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time;
- Assist in payroll preparation by compiling and reviewing relevant documents such as attendance sheets, overtime requests and salary advance vouchers;
- Assist in food allowance and per-diem sheet preparation;
- Assist staff in clarifying on HR policies, processes, procedures and standard ACTED practices;
- Undertake and maintain HR ARCHIVE in accordance with the ACTED regulations;
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties;
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least one year of experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO;
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent Archiving skills.
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written;
- Computer literacy, including MSOffice (Word and Excel);
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hodeidah –Admin/HR Assistant "
- Candidates must rename CV & Covering letter as (Name+ Hodeidah –Admin/HR Assistant).
- The closing date for applications is: Wednesday, 13 February 2019.
- Candidates from the Hodeidah/Raymah governorates are strongly encouraged to apply.
“Due to the urgency of this appointment, test and interview would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification