Hygiene Promotion Field Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
CARE International is currently seeking a Hygiene Promotion Field Officer. She/ He is responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities.
Hygiene Promotion Field Officer
Hygiene Promotion Field Officer for The Emergency Assistance for Affected Communities and Vulnerable Communities project is based in targeted governorate with frequent visit to Field. The immediate objectives of this project include reducing morbidity from WASH-related diseases of vulnerable IDPs and host communities, the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities are able to meet their basic and immediate needs, and increase their asset base; The most vulnerable host communities improve their food security and nutritional status. So the incumbent will be responsible for the implementing, supervising and organizing the entire project interventions in all targeted districts
Implementation and Monitoring Field Work:
- Lead community mobilization and hygiene promotion aspect of specific WASH projects at field level.
- Liaises with the hygiene promotion officer to plan and implement hygiene promotion activities in the field.
- Works with WASH engineer/ field officer – Engineering/Local Partners to mobilize communities and community leaders to participate WASH.
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of Hygiene promotion in the field.
- Trains and supervises CHPVs/Local Partners and ensure the deliver their daily activity plans.
- Trains and works with community groups such as women, youth groups to ensure their effective hygiene promotion programs in the field.
- Conducts cleaning campaigns in public areas, markets, water sources, schools, mosques.
- Participates in hygiene promotion related assessments including needs, PDMs, KAP surveys.
- Explore opportunities and share potential for expansion of WASH project.
- Hygiene promotion and community mobilization at field level and works with community leaders to ensure community take action in improving their hygiene conditions.
- Prepares and submits all Hygiene promotion related field reports.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Monitor and report all community mobilization and hygiene promotion activities in the field ensuring there is compliance with plans and CARE Yemen standards.
- Report all gender and protection related concerns to the WASH engineer or the gender focal persons.
- Responds to and records beneficiary hygiene promotion feedback and complaints at field level
- Oversees hygiene promotion related data collection as required.
- Prepares and shares all relevant hygiene promotion field reports and documents as required
Other Relevant Duties:
- Develop and organize all data, files and documents
- Demonstrate gender sensitivity and show support and respect to all team members
- Responsible for the confidentiality and security of data, documents and resources
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience required:
- University degree in teaching, nursing, public health or social worker
- Experience in working with hygiene promotion projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Community mobilization and training is an asset
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Respectful and able to work with communities
- Ability to plan and deliver results in the field
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community, supervisors and colleagues
- Trustworthy and able to manage resources effectively
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environment
- Excellent communication verbally and in writing as well as inter-personal skills
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities
- Able to travel to remote rural area including overnight staying
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge in English Language
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل