MEAL Volunteers (50)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITING MEAL Volunteers
TOPIC/TITLE: MEAL Volunteers
Number: 50 MEAL Volunteers
LOCATION: Aden, Lahj and Al Dhale’e
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT: 1 year
1. Scope of Work
The scope of the assignment varies from one MEAL activity to another and this will clearly be defined in specific activity's Terms of Reference. Successful MEAL Volunteers will be called-upon on temporary basis (fixed period) based on the ongoing activity and be given fixed-term contracts.
2. Key Areas of Accountability
The duties and responsibilities of the MEAL Volunteers will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in training sessions prior to field work;
- Conduct field preparation, including engaging local authorities and identifying potential research participants;
- Help with logistics and administrative support (i.e. scheduling, meeting arrangements, transportation, finding and providing accurate directions to the targeted sites etc.);
- Conduct interviews and focus group discussions during site visits or scheduled appointments using survey instruments as directed by Save the Children MEAL Team;
- Support Save the Children MEAL team in collecting primary data for both qualitative and quantitative research;
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires provided;
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed;
- Upload and submit data collected on daily basis;
- Translate and transcribe focus groups discussions and key informant interviews, and transmit this information in Microsoft Word and other electronic formats as well as field reports to the MEAL Team;
- Under close support of MEAL Team, develop / adapt and administer performance-monitoring tools to track some key project indicators in line with the MEAL plan;
- Document any issues arising from field and submit a report to the field supervisor;
- Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the MEAL activities.
3. Required Qualification and Experience
We are seeking for qualified and self-motivated individuals with the following key qualifications and competencies. Please highlight your accomplishments and achievements as they relate to your skills, and experience in the required qualifications.
- Preferably, 2 years or more of demonstrated experience carrying out field research, survey interview and enumeration support in Yemen (Aden, Lahj and Al Dhale’e).
- Experience in qualitative (interviewing, expert note-taking, high quality transcription), quantitative data collection as well as data entry
- Experience in using electronic system and digital devices for data collection, GPS equipment and PDAs/Android Tablets, photography and recording.
- Experience in conducting phone-based surveys
- It is also preferred that candidates possess some knowledge and/ or experience with other INGOs
Education – At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer or IT, Education, Pedagogy, Social Sciences, Population Studies and Statistics/mathematics or another relevant field.
Language/Communications Skills: Candidate must be proficient in English and fluent in Arabic with strong writing skills required.
Location: Living in Aden, or Lahj or Al Dhale’e Governorates
Computer Skills - Advanced skills in using databases for entry of interview data, Microsoft Office software package, include word processing (Microsoft WORD), PowerPoint, and ability to create coherent correct formulas in Microsoft EXCEL, internet research skills to be able to arrange logistical needs is required.
Interpersonal Skills - Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required. The candidate must maintain a positive and team work focused attitude.
Self-Motivation and Guidance - Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks with ability to work independently and efficiently
- Have a smart phone in good condition and access to the internet
- Experience in translating document from Arabic to English and vice versa
- Experience with other USAID funded projects is desired.
- Willingness to work in rural areas and on weekends, if required
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self-accountable for managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
All applications comprising of a detailed CV in English including 3 names of professional referees, copies of academic degrees and Certificate attesting the good candidate’s experience in similar works should submitted to Save the Children Aden & Lahj Field Office Office electronically on this email
Subject: MEAL Volunteers
Use the title as the subject line in your email.
The deadline for receiving applications is 20th September 2021.
NB: Applications not fulfilling the requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل