MEAL Officer (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: MEAL Officer (2)
Location: Hajjah - Sana’a
Administrative supervisor: Project Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2024, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA serves more than 118 countries and is present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by BHA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, IHA Canada, UNOCHA, WFP and FCDO. It has presence in 12 Governorates in Yemen responding to almost all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, protection, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding, and coordination.
ADRA Yemen organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risks and children in the targeted communities, as well as the welfare of all ADRA Yemen representatives. ADRA Yemen expects the post holder to adhere to and share this commitment.
All necessary measures for safer recruitment would be required including thorough background checks.
The MEAL Officer is responsible for ensuring quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL day to day activities. S/he will be providing technical support in all field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, and learning activities.
The “MEAL Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
Monitoring and Data Management:
- Working closely with the MEAL Coordinator to establish methods for data collection (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting to ensure all monitoring requirements are met, including field monitoring.
- Organize, design, plan and carry out the collection, verification, evaluation, analysis, compilation, and dissemination of MEAL data.
- Develop tracking tools for projects’ indicators to ensure that activities are tracked according to agreed plans.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routing data quality checks and revisions.
- Work closely with the MEAL Coordinator and program staff to ensure data on project deliverables and achievements against the log frame is as accurate and up to date as possible and managed according to agreed processes and standards.
- Conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports.
Assessment, Surveys, and Learning:
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities.
- Regularly conduct/analyze/report Post Distribution Monitoring and other surveys, as requested.
- Work closely with the MEAL Coordinator to guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners, and primary stakeholders.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analyzing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems, sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the MEAL Coordinator and appropriate program staff.
- Conduct monthly market monitoring surveys and share the report in a timely manner.
Reporting and Accountability:
- Work with the MEAL Coordinator to support the Program team in the monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into the final report.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and prepare relevant reports.
- In coordination with the Programs Manager, Project Manager, and MEAL Coordinator, implement the Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording, and responding.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, Political Science, Economics, or related field,
- Minimum 3 years of Experience of working in M&E Officer Positions, preferably.
- In Humanitarian NGOs
- Excellent English and Arabic Languages (Writing and speaking) are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Reporting Skills are required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل