Assistant Engineer (3) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Assistant Engineer (3)
Location: Shabwah (Ain, Bayhan, Usalyan, Markh Al Ulya, Ataq, Maifah)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Note: This position is opened for Yemeni National only
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, Assistant Engineer will oversee cash/food for work activities, rehabilitation/construction work of community schemes at district level. Assistant Engineer will supervise Field Assistant (Community Mobilization), Field Assistant (Cash/Goods Distribution), Storekeeper in relevant district and ensure the quality of construction material, rehabilitation work, disbursement of cash and monitoring of project activities in the targeted district.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Carry out the needs assessment and infrastructural assessments for the specific needs of rehabilitation of community schemes, according to the project proposals.
- In the context of a field move, establishes contact and relations with local actors.
- Participate in the identification of the local resources who may help in the preparation and achievement of the activities of Food Security & Resilience project.
- Training the community committees in cooperation with local authorities.
- Verify the criteria of the selection of the beneficiaries
- Prepare the engineering drawings of the assets
- Under the supervision of the project officer, preparing the BoQs
- Receive the materials in the field, verify their quality, and match them with the BoQs, and make a plan to distribute them.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports for the achievement percentage to the Project Coordinator
- Reviewing the attendance sheets and send them to the data entry at the end of each cycle.
- Selection of the distribution points.
- Supervising the distribution process in every distribution point in the district and submitting reports on distribution on a daily basis to the Project Coordinator.
- Preparation of the BoQs or activity plans according to the identified needs of the community schemes in targeted district, along with monitoring of the procurement process as focal point for the community asses related budget lines.
- Provide technical assistance to the Operations Department in selection of the contractors for the rehabilitation works.
- Ensure the implementation and direct follow-up of activities, management of field staff and infrastructural work.
- Perform and document regular monitoring of all ongoing activities and share the reports of monitoring visits with the relevant Project Coordinator.
- Develop and maintain contacts and good relationships with the community leaders and beneficiaries, cooperate with government institutions, non-governmental organizations, and the local community, and represent the project/program in front of the beneficiaries and inform them on project activities.
- Coordinate with the operation/finance department to share the inputs for completion of work certificate and other required documents at the supported community schemes.
- Provide input to narrative reports, whenever required, and final reports, or any other type of reports or summaries required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Civil Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the field and working with local communities.
- Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian situation particularly related to food insecurity.
- Strong knowledge of the assigned districts and rural communities with willingness to travel locally to follow-up on implementation as required.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل