Human Resource & Administrative Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Start Date: Immediate
Posted Date: 17 May 2023
Closing Date: 31 May 2023
Wars and armed conflicts may cease, but the remnants of war continue to plague millions for decades after. The vision of Mine Action and Disarmament is to create a world where individuals and communities are safe, resilient, and protected before, during, and after armed conflict. Together with national authorities and various stakeholders, we work to solve problems caused by Explosive Ordnance (EO) in local communities. At present, NPA runs over 20 Mine Action Programmes across Africa, Asia, Latin America, South East Europe, and the Middle East.
NPA is looking to hire a Human Resource & Administrative Officer for its program in Aden, Yemen. This position reports to the Finance Manager.
The role is split into two areas of focus. The first entails responsibilities such as office administration and finance support, with the primary goal of ensuring the smooth operation of the office. The second involves supporting the team with recruitment and selection, employee administration, the HR database, and other related duties.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the recruitment process for the program office.
- Prepare HR documents, maintain accurate personnel and recruitment files; update checklists and HR trackers as necessary.
- Implement induction programs for new staff and ensure probation processes are in place.
- Prepare monthly payroll, ensuring all staff changes are accurately reflected in HR monthly reports.
- Ensure NPA Yemen's compliance with Yemeni labor laws.
- Implement Human Resources related audit recommendations at the country level.
- Ensure the annual performance management process is completed and provide support to line managers where necessary.
- Promote NPA’s human resources policies and procedures, especially all Ethical and Safeguarding Policies.
- Ensure the efficient running of NPA’s office/s, working with other teams to fulfill supply needs and improve or develop systems.
- Oversee office space management, anticipate office space needs, and manage office moves.
- Liaise with local Government authorities, including preparation and submission of human resource reports.
- Serve as NPA Cashier, which includes petty cash management and NPA bank payments tasks.
- Fulfill other duties as required by the Line Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on experience in HR management.
- Prior work experience with INGO preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Outlook, and SharePoint Programs.
- Knowledge of payroll software is a plus.
- Minimum of three years experience within the humanitarian sector.
- Minimum of two years experience in human resource.
- Experience in capacity development and training.
- Previous work experience in an insecure environment, with the ability to work effectively under difficult conditions.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations, including conflict resolution.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and maintain confidentiality.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
- Commitment to and compliance with NPA’s safeguarding principles.
- Respect and value for equality and diversity.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Devotion to the vision, mission, and values of NPA
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل