Muslim Hands YEMEN – Operation Manager
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: Operation Manager
Reports to: Country Director
Staff reporting to this position:- Finance Manager , Senior HR and Admin , Senior Logistic Officer , Security officer and IT officer.
Location: Aden – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen or out Yemen
Contract Type: FT (six months with possibility of extension.)
MH is seeking a full-time Operations Manager to oversee daily operations, HR and ADMIN, procurement, and logistics to support programming, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and MH policies. In coordination with the departments Manager(s), the Operations Manager supports operational requirements of all Yemen programming. This position is based in Aden, Yemen with frequent travel and stay in Filed Offices, and reports to the Country Director.
- Ensure strategic and efficient management of office and programme financial resources through planning and tracking of available resources, exercising appropriate financial control and ensuring corporate financial policies are met and reporting structures established and maintained. Advise when deviations from rules and regulations may be required and propose alternative solutions to meet office and programme objectives.
- Supervise Finance Department to ensure that MH financial rules, policies and guidelines are followed, oversee all aspects of Year-end-Closure exercise for timely completion of BVA
- Regularly monitor the status of requisitions, open purchase orders and un-vouched, receipts, PO errors and advise staff of appropriate actions to ensure that MH dashboard is clean; In addition, observe any irregularities in the MH and alert programme officer on time to avoid any violation of MH policies.
Human Resource, Administration, Security, IT and Logistics :
- Support in overseeing and monitoring implementation of corporate, financial, and HR policies and systems, and ensure adequate training of staff and project personnel on these issues. Ensure a continuous support to MH in up-to-date flow of information between the CO and the Regional Office and HQ on financial management.
- Liaise with HR on Human Resource matters and provide support in maintaining optimal staffing of office and projects through timely provision and training of Human Resources (HR) applying best practice HR tools and mechanisms and advising on appropriate contractual modalities. Monitoring implementation by service providers of HR entitlements (salaries and benefits);
- Supervisor HR Seniors staff, following the rules in all HR duties
- Oversee procurement processes, including the oversight and effective management of drafting/reviewing RFPs and RFQs, conducting bid analyses and evaluations, drafting procurement contracts, and reviewing contract deliverables
- Contribute to work plans and other deliverables, as required.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and complete files of procurement documentation.
- Review all procurement processes and actions for compliance with donor rules and regulations, as well as Global Communities’ policies.
- Provide training and mentoring to local staff on operations, logistics, and procurement.
- Manage the tracking of all supplies, equipment, and materiel in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution.
- Directly supervise a team of approximately 30 local national staff and technical oversight/ support to MH operations teams.
- Oversee all matters logistics relating to vehicle transport and fuel management, to ensure that vehicles are insured, managed correctly, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported, and ensure that vehicle equipment (tools, communications, etc.) are complete and serviceable; and that usage of fuel is correctly managed, logged and recorded.
- Support and strengthen country office procedures and policies as necessary for the effective management of the emergency supply chain, vehicle fleets, communication systems, and the logistics components of the emergency response program.
- Keep abreast of the security situation in all areas of operation.
- Following up all the Security matters with the Security officer
- Finalize all the work related to DUE DILIGENCE OF PARTNER ORGANISATIONS QUESTIONNAIRE with the related departments
- Ensuring that all the work of the organization is going on legally and in accordance with the Yemeni labor law.
- Supervising the IT Department and all work related to
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology or a related field; or
Knowledge and Experience:
- Four years of progressively responsible professional experience in administration, finance, HR or office management.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to MH system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Providing strategic focus
- Engaging internal/ external partners and stakeholders
- Leading, developing and empowering people/ creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Functional Skill Set:
- Managing the organization’s financial resources
- Developing ICT standards and applications
- Providing procurement services
- Ensuring facilities and assets management
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CV to the email below putting the job title as the email subject to be considered OR will note be: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 23 September 2021
• Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل