Ended Logistics Assistant (Warehousing) (G4)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Logistics Assistant (Warehousing)
Organizational Unit: Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station: Yemen , Sana’a
IOM Classification: G-4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No.: SVN2019/007
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Tuesday 13, February 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Logistics officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Assistant (Warehousing), the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement functions in accordance with IOM’s procurement regulations, rules and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Conduct and support the overall warehousing management, receiving the goods, updating the warehouse records and database, handing over the goods to the operations whenever required.
- Ensure that Warehouse operations comply with IOM Warehouse manual (2018-J-177).
- Clean up and keep the entire warehouse facility well maintained, including ensuring that goods are stacked and stored in appropriate manner.
- By coordination with the procurement unit in Sana’a, receive goods from vendors/transporters and inspect the quantity/quality to ensure all meets the same specifications have been ordered.
- Monitoring the loading/offloading activities at the warehouse whenever taking place and hire a sufficient labor to cover the job properly. Follow up on the transportation of the goods exiting the warehouse to other destinations in order to ensure they reach their final destination.
- Responsible for issuing the “Receiving Report Forms” for the new arrival items into the warehouse.
- Responsible for issuing the “Stock Release Authorization Form” when releasing items from the warehouse.
- Instant update for the warehouse inventory records upon completing for each activity.
- Sharing on weekly basis the updated warehouse inventory to the Logistics/Procurement Assistant in Sana’a.
- Follow up the warehouse insurance related matters.
- Ensure all the original shipping documents are well received in case of receiving new arrival shipments like, packing lists, way bills; bills of lading and the shipping invoices.
- Make sure getting the proper authorization from Logistics/Procurement assistant or his/her designated officer in case of releasing/issuing any of the warehouse items to any individual and/or unit within the mission.
- Update and management for the archiving system with proper labels.
- Any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned by the Logistics officer or Head of Procurement and Logistics.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Equivalent in related field;
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience; Experience in the Humanitarian Field will be an advantage;
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
- Fluency English and Arabic
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Wednesday 13, February 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line:
SVN2019/007 Sana’a. Logistics Assistant (Warehouse) G4
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).