Project Officer (District) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project Officer (District)
Position: Project Officer (District)
Location: Aden Hub
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: up to 31 December with probation period of three months.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Project Coordinator, the Project Officer (District) will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of project activities. The PO will be in charge of coordinating closely with all stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted district and ensure the appropriate implementation of project activities in the field, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, including teamwork and capacity building.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate effective coordination with the local Authority and EU of the IDPs and community leaders in the district to ensure smooth implementation of the project activities in the districts .
- Assist in identifying and selecting the Cash Distribution Points (CDPs) through conducting area mapping if necessary.
- Manage the work of the Community Mobilizers and complaints in the cash outlets at districts level
- Oversee the whole Cash distribution process in the targeted districts.
- Facilitate orientation and training to CDP teams
- Coordinate with the donor and the Third-Party Monitoring Team (TPMT) to conduct field monitoring visits during cash distribution cycles.
- Conducting daily on-site monitoring in the cash distribution sites using a spot-checklist for tracking resources, implementation as well as gender mainstreaming.
- Submission of the ongoing Distribution monitoring for the cash distribution points.
- Follow up and supervising the distribution of the SCOPE cards
- Ensuring project activities are conducted according to the COVID-19 standard operating procedures shared by donor .
- Ensure adherence to the principle and objectives of the project, IR and donors policies
- Conduct distribution monitoring to assess whether distributions are timely, orderly and safe and verify the proper use of beneficiary verification processes, distribution site management, and proximity to beneficiary households and crosscutting indicators such as gender, protection and accountability to affected populations.
- Follow up the Beneficiaries Complaints, Feedback and ensure the complaints are addressed
- Continue to support the sensitization of the targeted beneficiaries on the cash distribution, SCOPE cards distribution and SCOPE registration and CFM and prepare the necessary IEC materials (posters)
- Participate in the monthly review meetings with PO, MEAL department and field staff (CFM and CM) through Provide technical assistance and feedback.
- Submit monthly reports to cover as required to cover all field activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a development related field or its equivalent (logistics, Nutrition, business).
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience managing complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing projects in cash transfer programming.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Ability to represent RI in high level meetings with donors and local government.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen; ability to live in remote and isolated environments.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all sides of the conflict.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Relief International
Cook (طباخ)17 May 2021 | Sana'a
MEAL Coordinator03 Jun 2021 | Sana'a
Supply Chain & Operations Coordinator ( Logistics)10 Jun 2021 | Sana'a
Data Management Assistant (3)17 Jun 2021 | Sana'a , Hajjah
Deputy Finance Manager (DFM)17 Jun 2021 | Sana'a