Ended National Training Manager SMART
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
National Training Manager SMART
Department: Nutrition & Health
Location: Sana’a with field visit to Hodeida/Aden base
Duration: 24 Months renewable
Management of the overall coordination and partnership development in link with the Yemen project component
- Act as a technical point of contact for SMART methodology for Government, UN agencies and nutrition cluster partners in Yemen.
- Maintain close collaboration with the above-mentioned partners for continuous evaluation and identification of needs, revision of plans and ensuring technical assistance on a timely manner in the evolving operational context.
- Support Project Manager SMART to define the scope, responsibilities and develop MoU with MoPHP and Governorate Health Officers (GHOs)
- Coordinate with Technical Committee on Assessment members, Nutrition Cluster and Food Security Cluster on a regular basis to ensure appropriate utilization of nutrition information for decision-making and resource prioritization and allocation.
- In collaboration with MoPHP teams in Saana and Aden, closely coordinate and follow up with GHOs for selection of health professionals, defining training dates.
- Represent SMART methodology, its scope and utilization in National Platforms
- Liaise with PM SMART to involve support departments in the definition of the implementation planning and in the implementation of activities.
- In consultation with PM SMART to coordinate with advocacy expert/officer in the production of project lessons learnt, recommendation, and dissemination.
Strengthen the technical capacity of nutrition partners in Yemen on the SMART methodology
With Support and technical guidance Project Manager-SMART,
- Collaborate with National Nutrition Cluster, MoPHP to identify technical capacity gaps among partners in planning assessments, data collection, quality checks and validation of results and develop a national level technical capacity building plan for Survey Managers and Master Trainers
- Organize technical workshops and data clinics for mentoring technical working group members and survey managers on quality assurance mechanisms and methodological expertise.
- Oversee the general planning, organization and facilitation of SMART training events at national and Sub-National levels Identify technical capacity gaps among partners in planning assessments, data collection, quality checks and review and validation of results
- Identify refresher’s training needs and technical areas for refreshers training and tailored data clinic sessions for trained SMART managers
- Plan, organize and facilitate tailored refresher’s training and data clinic sessions for Governmental and Non-governmental staff
- Collaborate with clusters to contribute to the technical workshops on IPC acute malnutrition analysis for capacity building of MoPHP and Technical Committee members.
- Liaise with Nutrition Cluster, UNICEF, and MoPH to identify capacity gaps, trainings needs and carry out trainings for managers/supervisors on SMART methodology.
Provide technical guidance on standardization of technical tools and methods for collection, analysis, management and utilization of nutrition information)
With technical guidance from the Project Manager SMART,
- Participate actively in monthly meeting of the Technical AWG with its members
- Provide technical support to Technical Committee members on Assessments on methodological guidance, tools development and standardization in Yemen.
- Organize workshops/meetings/working sessions with Technical Committee members and nutrition partners to provide technical guidance on utilization of nutrition data and information management for decision making in country.
- Support SMART survey managers in analyzing data and interpreting the findings to formulate recommendations and conclusion
- Actively support, guide technical committee on assessments to validate preliminary survey report within 2 weeks and final report within a month
Project budget, logistic and administrative management and reporting
Support Project Manager-SMART to -
- Develop detailed project implementation plan with defined roles and responsibilities of internal and external stakeholders
- Review project plans, budgets based on continuous monitoring of contextual changes and coordination with Governmental agencies
- prepare regular update of budget follow up and forecast
- prepare quarterly cash forecast and financial reporting
- Ensure timely production of procurement request in line with the budget and the needs
- Ensure timely production of movement request and relevant travel authorization, VISA processing requests
- Ensure relevant security information are shared with security focal point in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly/semi-annual technical narrative reports
Requirements & Skills:
- Previous professional experience in nutrition & health programs;
- Experience conducting assessments, using SMART methodology and other participatory approaches/methods
- Competency in data analysis using packages such SPSS, EPI Info and related statistical software.
- Experience in training / mentoring / coaching staff;
- Ability to manage project implementation, budget follow-up, advanced planning and assessments.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and to meet deadlines;
- Capacity to work under pressure, open-minded, flexible, self-learner;
- Strong working knowledge of English and Arabic (spoken and written);
- Advanced command of Excel.
- Level of the position: Managerial.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
Action Contre la Faim encourages women and persons with a disability to apply.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position + your Name in the email’s subject, to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 14 February, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.