Ended Warehouse Assistant
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Warehouse Assistant - Country Office
Warehouse assistant will provide technical support to save the children (SC) warehousing operations, ensures the safe reception, storage, distribution and reporting of movements within the warehouse. Works closely with the Medical Warehouse Officer. & is involved in the planning of stock movements, has financial responsibility for daily operational needs (petty cash) including payment of daily workers, purchases of consumables & other related operational costs. Ensures SC standard warehousing documents are filled in correctly and handed over in a timely manner.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- preform In-Out stock movement activities and maintains records of those activities
- Communication link to SC Logistics for transport providers’ arrival and departure times.
- Oversees the loading and off-loading as per SC requirements.
- Monitors documentation entries for receiving and dispatching of goods, assists with entries for stock movements.
- Ensures filing of updated information and carries out spot checks.
- Prepares Cleaning schedule of the Warehouses, stock and carries out checks to ensure highest standards of cleanliness.
- Schedules regular best controls and maintains the records of visits.
- Reports hazards and health and safety issues within the warehouse and maintains a record as well actions taken.
- Ensure the documents of warehouse procedures.
- Follow up and review the stock report and warehouse weekly/monthly report to be sent to Line Manager
- Assists in assets maintain, control, and registration
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Graduate degree or any other equivalent qualification
- Good spoken and written English
- Knowledge of computer software packages (MS Word and MS Excel)
- Preferably to have some background in pharmaceutical supplies
- At least two years of work experience in a similar position
- Should be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiatives
- Problem solving skills
Qualified and Interested candidates must send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.