Ended Roving Supply Chain Coordinator
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Roving Supply Chain Coordinator - Country Office
The role holder is key to developing and implementing the country strategy, in regards to the required logistical inputs, as well as ensuring that sound logistics procedures are compliant and maintained in line with Save the Children and Donor’s policies.
They are responsible for the support of FO and Operations of Save the Children in Yemen across all country. This requires working in close collaboration with the logistics team at a Country Office and Field Office Level, as well as with BSM’s and Programme Staff. They are also responsible for building local capacity at FO level, through the delivery of workshops and trainings for logistic and non-logistic staff.
This role provides leadership, remote technical support, capacity building and will be responsible for ensuring sound logistics practices and rigorous controls are in place for the Yemen country programme.
80% Travelling in country / 20% based in Sanaa CO
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide ongoing technical support to the supply chain (logistics) structure, functions and services covering procurement, transport, warehousing, facilities, and communications systems and distribution programs
- Responsible for overseeing logistics processes and systems in country, including local procurement, warehousing, power supply, communications and management in co-ordination with the Country Logistics Team and in line with Save the Children International policies and procedures and with emphasis on traceability control.
- Maintain dynamic coordination with FO logistic teams and other relevant departments to anticipate/identify gaps, bottlenecks, risks and participate to the development/implementation of mitigation strategies/actions.
- Coordinate with Roving supply chain Manger for designing and delivering capacity building trainings / workshops, according to the needs of each FO for logistics and non-logistic staff.
- To ensure continuity of supply chain services and any other logistical function (warehousing, Asset management, Stock Management) across the entire country response and ensuring transfer of all related documentation, when necessary.
- Ensure correct implementation of standard reporting system across country programs, review reports, and KPis. Provide feedback and ensure country team is aware and provides solutions to issues reported.
Programme Support and Development
- Participate in project planning and preparation of donor proposals and reports, anticipate needs for supplies and carry out procurement for projects,
- Provide input on logistics matters to the Country Team for proposal and report writing, including supporting with procurement plans, when necessary.
- Support in-country logistics assessment when necessary.
- Ensure donor compliance and produce regular, timely and accurate logistics and financial reports for Save the Children and donors.
- Ensure that Save the Children International minimum standards of logistics procedures and are understood and adhered to throughout the programme, briefing and training all relevant staff as required.
- Manage the effective order management systems. Improve the supplier price database at the project site and streamline monthly stock purchases on an on-going basis.
- To support the local partners to maintain an effective supply chain management system, according to logistics procedures.
- To ensure the procurement and delivery of quality supplies and equipment to the program sites in Yemen through local partners and direct interventions, in accordance with and procedures and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is prepared for all consignments health facilities and partners
- To support field offices to develop and maintain warehouse systems and ensure that stock management and administration systems are implemented throughout the programme.
- Monitor projects stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
- To coordinate with relevant clusters, other sector actors and national/local authorities as necessary.
- Assess the continuing training needs of Save the Children staff, and ensure training needs are appropriately met and within budget. Training up the national medical logistics officer will be a key component of this role.
- Fulfil other roles as required to meet the needs of the medical logistics of the programme and as required by line management.
- Bachelor degree ( in relative field is preferred )
- 3 years’ experience in logistics and procurement management in the NGO’s sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations and preferably in transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, and security
- Experiencing in working with different audiences and team working skills.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in a remote field management context
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English
Qualified and Interested candidates must send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.