Ended Accountant/Finance Officer
Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for an Accountant/Finance Officer
Geneva Call is an independent, neutral and impartial humanitarian, not for profit, non-governmental organization that promotes the respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflicts and other situations of armed violence, in particular regarding the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is registered as a foundation under Swiss law. It works in conflict zones around the globe.
Geneva Call is implementing a programme to improve the protection of civilians in the context of the armed conflict in Yemen through humanitarian engagement with armed actors and raising awareness among Yemeni civil society and community elders on humanitarian norms
Main Objective: Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, the AFO contributes to the operations of the Geneva Call by managing the financial aspects of operations and autonomous bookkeeping.
He/she ensures that the accounting of the Geneva Call office in Aden, Yemen in managed transparently according to the internal procedures and guidelines, as well as the local legislation.
For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all financial and HR information
Being responsible for financial management:
- Take the lead on financial management in Geneva Call’s Aden office
- Manage the book keeping and closing of financial accounts
- Budget preparation and financial monitoring
- Take the lead in periodic and annual financial reporting
Being responsible for payments and financial control
- Take the lead in checking procurement documents of vendors
- Make all payments to vendors on-time, making sure all documents are complete
- Pay staff salaries after reviewing and verifying details
- Make sure donor requirements are met
- Accountant or Diploma in Accounting and finance
- At least 3 years in a similar position
- Experience in budgeting, financial reporting and documentation in international non-governmental organizations (INGOs)
- Knowledge and experience of using accounting tools;
- Knowledge and experience in HR administration will be an asset;
- Ability to take responsibility, to work proactively and efficiently, excellent communication skills;
- Accuracy and reliability;
- English (level B2)
- French is an asset
- IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, Reporting tools);
- Financial Management Tools, Accounting Systems;
- Higher education degree in finance
- Experience working with international NGOs
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève/Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: Accountant/Finance Officer
- Based in Aden100%
- Preferred start date: As soon as possible
- Yemeni national, eligible to work in country
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Ref: “Accountant/Finance Officer ADEN” no later than 15th February 2019. Work certificates/recommendation letters and diplomas will be required at a later stage.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.
Geneva Call is an equal opportunity employer.