Ended Senior Grants Compliance Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Senior Grants Compliance Assistant
Organizational Unit : Programme Support Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 6
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded
Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-012
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Thursday 14, February 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the direct supervision of the Grants Compliance Officer, and within the Project Development and Programmes Support (PDPS) Unit in Sana’a, the successful candidate will work closely with IOM’s technical teams, partners and support units in IOM HQ and in Manila to ensure that all IOM grants are compliant with partner and donor regulations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Grants Compliance Officer in updating and monitoring the grants tracking matrix, and in preparation of detailed grants reports.
- Assisting in the review and assessment of implementing partners’ proposals, work plans and budgets to ensure they are in line with intended scope and targets, and cost efficient.
- Working closely with IOM Procurement and LEG to develop implementing partner agreements and ensure they are in line with standard templates and regulations, as well as accurately reflect timelines, deliverables and payment schedules.
- Monitoring deliverable schedules of implementing partners, and IOM payment schedules to implementing partners. Following-up to facilitate compliance with set deadlines.
- Reviewing financial reports submitted by implementing partners, assessing compliance with IOM and donor requirements.
- Reviewing and validating supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
- Facilitating payment processes to implementing partners in coordination with the Finance department.
- Assessing, evaluating and monitoring implementing partners’ financial management processes in accordance with IOM policy and standards.
- Providing information to implementing partners on procurement and financial accounting policies and procedural compliance, and delivering training and other capacity building activities in coordination with the Grants Compliance Officer and other support units.
- Maintaining a database of grant documentation, implementing partner deliverables and supporting documentation.
- Assisting in the preparation and facilitation of trainings and events.
- Undertaking duty travel as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in business, finance, accountancy or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in resource management, accounting or finance, preferably for a UN agency or NGO;
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis;
- Experience in coordinating and communicating with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent computer skills especially MS Office and SAP;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team.
English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Interested female candidates are encouraged to apply. This position is intended for a Yemeni National.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Thursday 14 February, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/012 Sana’a, Senior Grants Compliance Assistant G6
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 03.Feb.2019 to 14.Feb.2019