Ended Grants Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Position : Grants Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Organizational Unit : Programme Support Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 6
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded
Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-013
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Thursday 14, February 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the direct supervision of the Grants Compliance Officer in the Programme Support (PDPS) Unit, Sana’a, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting monitoring and evaluation of grants. S/he will be responsible for the collection of different data from field sites, and reporting in relation to project activities conducted by implementing partners.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the review and assessment of implementing partner proposals, work plans and budgets to ensure they are in line with intended scope and targets, and cost efficient.
- Assisting in the development of logical frameworks, work plans, and deliverable schedules for each implementing partner.
- Supporting the development and implementation of grant monitoring and evaluation plans and tools, based on agreed logical frameworks and work plans.
- Supporting implementing partners to report as per grant requirements and use preferred reporting templates to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency and completeness, and compliance with donor’s standards.
- Reviewing implementing partners’ reports and assessing for quality, compliance with set templates, and accuracy of reported information.
- Conducting activity level monitoring and verification, quantitative and qualitative data collection as per specific grant activity deliverables; conducting focus groups discussion, pre and post activity surveys, etc. to discern activity outcomes.
- Assisting in discerning lessons learned and documenting obstacles/challenges and resulting mitigating measures.
- Supporting in the preparation of regular grant progress, monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Assisting the Grants Compliance Officer in updating and monitoring the grants tracking matrix.
- Monitoring deliverable schedules of implementing partners, and IOM payment schedules to implementing partners. Following-up to facilitate compliance with set deadlines.
- Undertaking duty travel as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in social science.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation preferably for a UN agency or NGO;
- Good understanding of the humanitarian context and experience conducting fieldwork.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision;
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods;
- Excellent computer skills especially MS Office and SAP;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team.
English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. This position is intended for a Yemeni national.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Interested female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Thursday 14 February, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/013 Sana’a, Grants Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant G6
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 03.Feb.2019 to 14.Feb.2019