Ended Education Coordinator
Education Coordinator – IBB
ROLE PURPOSE: Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure/ contribute to the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective education programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, including gender disaggregation.
- Contribute to sound Education programme budgets for review by the supervisor.
- Enhance / contribute to project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-up activities with various implementing partners, including monitoring inputs, local conditions and resources and education project status.
- Working with M&E staff, analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports including monitoring and reporting indicators by gender; draft changes in education project work and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment;
- Contribute to or provide recommendation and other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency and provide support for consultation with partners as required on planning and implementation of education programme activities;
- Ensure or contribute to the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that Education project expenditures. Follow up on queries, including with and by partners, or initiate corrective action on discrepancies;
- Compile or contribute to education project implementation training, orientation and capacity building materials to promote knowledge sharing with donors and partners;
- Ensure effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
- Able to access and analyze key issues in the humanitarian situation and formulate actions around them
- Actively engages in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation
- Leads on the development of an organizational response based on an understanding of the contexts
- Undertakes effective risk assessments and develops contingency plans
- Takes appropriate, coordinated and consistent action to handle situations of personal risk and risk for others
Staff supervision and mentorship
- Establishes clear objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
- Builds own awareness of the bigger global picture by using a broad range of sources to gather data
- Demonstrates managerial courage by confronting difficult situations and seeking resolution, and stating willingness to champion ideas. .
- Gives constructive feedback to enhance capabilities and responsibilities of team members for the purpose of his/her development
- Works to ensure that the workplace is inclusive and the talents of individuals are harnessed to achieve individuals and organizational success
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensures beneficiary and partner feedback is incorporated into programme design, planning and learning
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt plans and make decisions in rapidly changing environments
- Actively manages risk and takes action to reduce risk
- Makes changes to improve performance as a result of information received
- Documents lessons learned and applies them to future projects
Collaboration and Representation
- Fosters collaborative, transparent and accountable relationships through partners
- Uses negotiation and conflict resolution skills to support positive outcomes
- Represent Save the Children in a professional manner.
- Liaise with other stakeholders, including MoE, MOPIC and Education cluster participates in relevant meetings.
- Collaboration with other team members across to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
- Represent programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within SC as appropriate.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a bachelor degree in education or any other related field.
- Wider knower on UN/NGO security coordination and how the organization can benefit from, and contribute to, those mechanisms
- Fluency in the local language/s and English required.
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Strong interpersonal skills the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Possibly program management skills
- Strong Reporting and Monitoring Skills
- Budget Management Skills is required
- Background in Emergency programme is an asset.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Ibb.firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving applications is 14th /02/2019.