Ended Pharmacy Assistant
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Position: Pharmacy Assistant
Reporting to: Pharmacy Supervisor
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Pharmacy Assistant), based in Sana’a, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor, the pharmacy assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in link with MdM procedures:
- Implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with MdM standards
- Implementing an effective stock management
- Reception and preparation of orders
- Collection and analysis of drugs consumption
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Support to health facilities and mobile clinics
Implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with MdM standards
- Participate in analysis of needs, preparation of regular forecasts, calculation of replenishment orders and buffer stocks and initiating timely.
- Anticipate needs for medical supplies and assist in defining and implementing strategy for local procurement if necessary in collaboration with pharmacist, and alert the medical manager as soon as the buffer stock will be used.
- Ensure procurement is in line with MdM and donors regulations especially in terms of drugs quality.
- Evaluate potential local suppliers according to MdM standards (QUAMED) on request of pharmacist and/or medical manager.
Implementing an effective stock management
- Create a pharmacy with appropriate storage, receiving and packing space and allowing to conduct a full medical inventory.
- Organize the drugs storage according to international standards (route of administration, alphabetical order of International Non-proprieraty Name, FEFO principle, clear labeling with INN + dosage + pharmaceutical form + expiry date).
- Organise drugs and medical supplies for easy distribution and appropriate stock movement records.
- Organize a monthly physical inventory and provide the stock balance at the end of each month to medical manager and medical coordinator.
- Monitor temperature of the pharmacy and fridge on a daily basis.
Reception and preparation of orders
- Check quantities and quality of the received items.
- Make out an acknowledgement of receipt for logistics departement and HQ
- Integrate all the items into physical stock.
- Fill in the stock cards for all the items as the electronic file.
- Prepare and distribute the drugs according the field requests and projects needs
- Check the rationality of the requests.
- Pack supply requests from the supported facilities and mobile clinics in a timely way
- Update the stock cards and the electronic file (Sagastock) according to the stock movements.
- Do a feedback to medical manager in case of any problem with the orders.
Collection and analysis of drugs consumption
- Ensure that updated stock and consumption records can be provided upon request for any reporting.
- Assist in development and implementation of drug consumption tools in supported facilities and mobile clinics.
- Monitor the drug consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform medical manager in case of any unusual consumption.
Support to health facilities and mobile clinics
- Collaborate closely with and build the capacities of pharmacists/dispensers of supported health facilities and mobile clinics.
- Upon request, organize trainings on drug prescription and drug rationalisation for MoH and mobile clinic staff.
- Help to assess needs in health facilities and mobile clinics related to drugs storage and dispensation. Propose and fulfil any necessary changes required.
Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to pharmacy supervisor,
- Compile drug consumption per month and per health facility and mobile clinic
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- To maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners.
- To attend trainings when required by MdM.
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative inputs.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Strictly respect confidentiality of data, property of beneficiaries and MdM and respect confidentiality regarding the content of clinical interviews, except when exchanging information with the medical team in charge and within a professional frame.
- Diploma or College Degree in Pharmacology or related Medical Field. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position with INGOs.
Personal skills required:
- Computer Skills in using Microsoft Office such as (Word and Excel).
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent English Skills.
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset.
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) to the email: email@example.com
- End of submission: Monday, 11th February, 2019.
- Please specify the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
Thanks to note that only the persons who will be seen on tests/interviews will be contacted.