Ended Proposal & Reporting Officer
Deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Duration: six months
REPORTS TO: Program Unit.
Contract Type: Full time.
Estimated Start Date: ASAP.
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair relief and development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation that was established in 2013, It is mainly working in field of Education, Wash & Sanitation, Food Security, Nutrition, Health, Protection, Shelter and social empowerment in all the Governorates of Yemen.
We are seeking a national, highly qualified individual, to fill in the position of the executive director to lead the foundation and implement its vision and strategy throughout the upcoming phase.
He is envisioned to support the Management Director in the development of proposals, concept notes and on-going documentation of the emergency response programs. The role of the Proposal and Reporting Coordinator is to ensure that programs are developed and implemented using an integrated, cross-sectoral approach. The post holder will be expected to lead the coordination between technical and operational teams to ensure that proposals are developed in coordination. Along with developing high quality proposals, the post-holder is also expected to work closely with program managers to document project achievements for donor reports.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Writing project proposals (humanitarian and developmental).
• Establish good working relations with (donors – NGOs) to build a strong relation and partnership towards the approval of the proposed projects.
• Establishes and manages partnerships both at the central and local level
• Continuously assesses the context and adapt the programme and team composition as required by the context.
• Ensures the agreed projects management methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
• Works closely with the Program Manager in maintaining a clear and effective project monitoring and evaluation plan against qualitative and quantitative indicators ensuring that accountability and learning is taking place.
• Keep tracking the progress of the programs with clear milestones ensuring high accuracy of data collected, analyzed and reported.
• Coordinates and supports other team coordinators in work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication.
• Ensures quality filing and reporting systems for projects activities, into reports to donors on implementation progress and achieved results.
• Coordinates all activities related to projects, including but not limited to planning and following up on the implementation of activities, coordinating with local partners and ensures timely achievement of projects milestones and objectives.
• Develops and maintains proactive, positive, and professional relationships with partner organizations, other NGOS. donors, clients, and key government officials, local authorities, CSOs, working on relevant issues to the project.
• Transfers project’s document into a comprehensive work plan outlining main and sub activities and effectively delegate and manage tasks and coordinate with partners.
• Oversees the management of project budgets.
• Formulates appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports and specific reports.
• Prepares regular reports and documentation of activities conducted.
• Ensures implementation of activities as per the work plan and all related documents and logistics are prepared and approved.
• Follows up and documents success stories and lessons learned and share them with the management on a regular basis.
• Coordinates M&E data, activity results, and documentation with Search DM&E Coordinator and Project Manager.
• Keeps Project Manager informed of progress achieved and challenges faced (through regular reports)
• Actively participate in the implementation of Performance Management. Including objective setting, performance review, upward feedback and personal development plans. Ensuring relevant aspects of YARD.
• Ensure appropriate and effective performance management of line managed staff.
• Ensure implementation of YARD operational policies, procedures and guidelines. With support from technical advisors and programmer service staff as needed.
• Be a member of YARD team; participating in appropriate staff meetings, planning sessions and on-going liaising as needed.
• Provide YARD departments with assistance upon the management request.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- Skills and Competencies Required for this Role
- At least 3 years’ experience of programme management and programme implementation.
- Substantial experience of managing budgets, staff and funding of the programme. This includes excellent management skills, with a good understanding of team development and proven financial management skills.
- Understanding and application of Project Cycle Management.
- Ability to work creatively, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Experience of managing restricted donor contracts .
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm whilst deal with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English and Arabic skills) and the ability to write clear, concise reports. Proven evidence of leadership skills including challenging motivating and developing a team through periods of change.
- Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Experience of working in conflict and complex locations.
- Travelling to other governorates if needed. .
- Working knowledge in financially managing large amounts of funds in conflict-affected areas.
- Project Operational Management experience including the ability to handle HR, procurements, information and communication technology, finance, and logistics.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English languages.
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with cover letter to email@example.com not later than Feb 15, 2019 putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.