Finance Officer- Saadah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
- Position: Finance Officer
- Department: Finance
- Location: Saadah
- Contract Type: Fixed term
- Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
Budget and Cost Control, Financial Reporting
- Responsible for the budget management of his /her area, in line with the Budget Management Procedure.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the projects’ accountancy
- Ensures all financial and accountancy procedures are implemented and respected at the project level; ensures that resources are allocated and used as per donor requirements
- Updates and analyses the Budget Follow-Up (BFU) every month for the related area’s projects with the support of the AC & Program team, highlighting any potential over or underspending, raising alarms and making relevant recommendations to ensure accurate forecast and spending’s
- Assists the AC, CFM, and SFM to have a clear vision of the financial situation of each project
- Monitors the projects' liquidation period and make sure all payments are done prior to the end of the liquidation period.
- Prepares initial financial reports at the end of that projects with explanations and analysis, mainly focusing on implementing site according to donor guidelines.
Payments and Internal Control
- Process payments and contracts according to a timely manner.
- Monitors program and operational contracts and their accuracy in the CFU
- Monitors field payments and advances ensuring a fast and smooth process of the payments
- Ensures that complete and accurate documentation (as per policy and in accordance with donor regulations) is prepared before processing any financial payments
- Ensures that no payment is processed without the authorized signatories’ validation
- Ensures adherence to procedures and supports successful FLAT management at the base level
- Ensures that expenses are allocated on the correct project within the relevant timeframe
- Ensures adherence of accountancy to the appropriate allocations as per allocation tables
- Ensures allocations in SAGA are as per the allocation tables
- Monitors closely opened loans and ensure the closure of it within a timeline considering the exchange rate impacts.
Allocation tables (AT)
- In link with the HR department, Area Coordinators and CFM, updates the national staff allocation table on a monthly basis, including a list of staffs to be shared with Capital for (existing and to be recruited), positions, salary levels, and project allocation.
- Updates the support allocation table (AT) on a monthly basis according to the according to the mission development;
- Ensures that the AT forecasts are respected.
- Provide a monthly analysis on the level of spending through updating the (running Cost)
Contract Follow up (CFU)/ Debit Follow up (DFU)/ Cash Request
- Review and validate the updated CFU (signed Contracts) prepared by the finance assistant and check the status of payments on a regular basis.
- Ensures all debit amounts are updated in the DFU on a regular basis.
- Prepare and monitor the area’s cash needs on a daily basis.
- Prepares and update the weekly and /or monthly Cash requests with the coordination of operational and program team and have it validated by the AC to be sent to Capital.
- Ensures complete and accurate information is filled for all CFU, DFU and cash requests
- Ensure an on-time and efficient flow of information with Area Coordinator & Capital.
Monthly /weekly /mid/ annual closure process
- Reviews and upload the accountancy of the month and share it with Capital according to the given timeline.
- Review and validate the area PRATIC, CFU, DFU, Cash & Bank supporting documents, the debit of recognition, copy of manual cash books and share it with Capital according to the given timeline.
- Update the AT, ACT and Running costs on a monthly basis and share it with Capital after the validation of the AC.
- Ensures an efficient flow of information with the Capital.
- Monthly closures are to be sent on the 4th of each month (Saga, CFU, DFU, PRATIC, and supporting documents (Cash, Bank, a debit of recognition, manual cash book).
- AT, ACT and Running are to be sent on a given timeline set by the Capital.
Red Cell Game
- Ensures the completeness and the accountability of the finance documentation before its sent to the capital.
- Reviews the updated Red cell game file and send it to the capital on a monthly basis.
- Ensures the submission of area finance folders to the capital on the 15th of the other month.
Sub Base finance management
- Ensures an efficient flow of information and /or documentation within the base and the Sub-base
- Monitor and follow up on the documentation received from the sub-bases and ensure the adherence
- to procedures.
- Plan regular visits to the sub- base to provide support and guidance.
- Replaces finance officers or cashier positions across bases in any of their tasks in case of absence and/or upon the decision of SFM/CFM with the approval of the AC.
- Assist in updating the area finance teams ToRs that is in charge of for when requested by the management (AC, CFM/SFM) according to the mission development;
- Oversee the team and undertake appraisals of directly supervised colleagues;
- Participates in the elaboration and the delivery of training and capacity building for area finance team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department;
- In consultation with coordination and HR, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the department activities, as per the base recruitment guidelines;
- Manage department staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization;
- Ensure that all department personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization in conjunction with HR;
- Develop the knowledge of the finance team both technically and by facilitating a reflective learning environment;
- Maintain an open dialogue with all team members, and will treat all staff in a respectful way.
- Undertakes any other tasks as reasonably assigned by management.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in accountancy/finance/administration, ideally in the NGO sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in audit, administration or accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in Word & Excel formulas and functionalities
- Experience with SAGA accounting software
- Preferable to be Aware of the labor law
- Rigorous with keen attention to details.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting and internal control mechanisms.
- Discreet and respectful of the confidentially of the information dealt with.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Arabic native language and proficient in English preferred.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Finance Officer - Saadah”.
- The closing date for applications is Monday, 18 February, 2019.
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Finance Officer Saadah)
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification