Ended Psychological Officer (Female)
Position: Psychological Officer (Female)
Duration: till 31 of December 2019
Closing Date: Thursday 15, February 2019
Yemen Red Crescent have been established in 1970 after the presidential decree no(51) that aimed to establish the Yemeni Red Crescent in a head quarter in Sana'a with it is branches in the governorates. With it is capacity, YRC is well experienced National NGOs of protecting civil society affected by natural disaster and post-conflict in timeline of emergency response. YRCs has strong relationship with branches of it is community and reputation for being a reliable displacement and emergency response agency. As partners of the different members of the Movement support communities in becoming stronger and safer through a variety of development projects and humanitarian activities. The Movement also works in cooperation with governments, donors and other aid organizations to assist vulnerable people around the world.
YRC is looking for Psychological to follow up on its protection activities in different areas of intervention. The position is in line to the YRC humanitarian response to internal displacement in Yemen under partnership agreement with UNHCR. It is a key YRC position, with YRC expecting that the post holder will be qualified and possess protection skills, knowledge and attitude to be immediately effective in the field. These include the active involvement and the full participation by all community members, paying special attention to women.
- Conduct individual and households HH interviews using the Risk Assessment Tool.
- Provide psychological counseling to IDPs Approaching the community center and in the field.
- Conduct field visit to identify the most vulnerable cases and verify the referred cases for assistance.
- Participate in the training and capacity building of CBPNs and IDPs as required.
- Facilitate providing awareness session, AGDM and needs assessment among IDPs and as required.
- Assist in setting the SOPs in provision of Standard Rental Sub-sides (SRS) to identified cases and other immediate referrals, urgent protection issues, cash transfers.
- Conduct case management study and interviews of identified cases and reporting.
- Submit on a daily basis reports of assessed cases to supervisor, with a monthly compilation of the cases assessed submitted to the YRC Protection Officer.
- Coordinate with other psychological officer on the provision of specific assistance to persons deemed to be extremely vulnerable.
- Conduct awareness sessions on Protection, IDPs Rights, Violence, and GBV for services providers.
- Provide activity mapping to support referral mechanism.
- Support the protection officer in writing monthly and weekly reports with analyses of identified and counselled vulnerable cases.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
The Psychological Officer will report to Protection Officer.
- University degree preferably in psychology or related fields.
- 2 years of experience working with NGOs or INGOs, particularly in the protection sector.
- Experience in supervising staff in challenging situations, carrying out interviews and focus group discussions, analyzing information and providing and drafting reports.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a learn, supporting a team in coordinating complex projects
- Ability to collect and monitor data and generate relevant and accurate repots for a range of audiences.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
Values and Competencies (applicable to all staff):
- Respect and act in line with the YRCS staff regulations, Code of Conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of the Red Crescent Movement.
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of integrity, accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- A good team player having knowledge and skills on group dynamics.
- Respect cross cultural environment as well as views of co-workers.
- Ensure management competencies to achieve Legal Assistant objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spread sheets and word processing)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong skills in training and developing staff
- Good communication skills having ability to present programmatic information precisely both orally &in writing
- Advanced level of English
In good mental & physical health, high level of stress tolerance etc.
Interested candidates should send the following:
• A Cover Letter in English
• A detailed CV in English and Arabic.
To the email firstname.lastname@example.org latest by February 15, 2019.
Please write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line" otherwise you will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview