Ended Agriculture Assistant
Position: Agriculture Assistant
Report to: Agriculture Officer
No. of positions: one position - Female
Duty Station: Al Dhale’e
Contract duration: one year
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
The Agriculture Assistant will assist Agriculture officer for timely implementation of Kitchen gardening activities and capacity building trainings for selected households. The incumbent will also be responsible to organize the community meetings and sensitization sessions with close coordination of Relief Committees and local authorities.
- Assist in developing detailed activity plans in line with program objectives and prepare plans for field visits.
- Assist agriculture Officer in identification and registration of household’s for kitchen Gardening activities.
- Sensitize key stakeholders - Government and I/NGOs - working in target districts, and, communities about the project concept, benefits, targeting criteria, implementation strategies and modalities, monitoring and other such aspects.
- Liaise with local communities for awareness and sensitization sessions.
- Assist the agriculture officer in conducting training, preparation of training module for training.
- Liaise with Relief Committees and organize distribution of Seeds and inputs to selected households.
- Responsible for follow ups to established kitchen gardens and on spot guidance in terms of disease control and best practices to adopt.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Graduate in Agricultural/Horticulture/food Technology or related field with two years overall and minimum one year experience in the relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience of training communities and households in agronomic/food production aspects.
- Willingness to travel and work in remote/rural communities with limited access to basic facilities within the constraints of IRC’s security policies.
- Excellent communication/ reporting skills in English & Arabic.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with colleagues and partners
- Commitment to IRC values and principles
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11 February 2019 putting the job title Agriculture Assistant as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted