Ended Operation Officer (Cancelled)
Cancellation of Operation Officer Post
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: OPERATIONS OFFICER - PROCUREMENT
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Sana’a
Position Category: Full-time 1 AND Regular 0
Duration of Assignment: One year
Deadline: 1st November 2018.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in service delivery to both internal and external stakeholder. The operations department facilitates procurement, manages organizations logistics function, fleet and assets management in line with formulated internal frameworks and being compliant with set donor regulations and guidelines. The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps operations’ activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials, goods and services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary
The Operations Officer – Procurement will be responsible for, and accountable for the delivery of procurement of goods, services & works in Yemen in accordance with Mercy Corps policies & procedures and donor requirements. He/she will effectively and efficiently support operations systems, processes and activities so that programs are delivered on time according to organizational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Documentation & Compliance:
• Ensure that all procurement related activities are well documented, are in compliance to all operations frameworks and set down procurement policies and procedures by:
• Ensuring that all procurement requests and subsequent documentation are approved in line with the Country Approval Authority Matrix.
• Ensuring that the right solicitation procedures are followed for the different procurement thresholds and all ensuing documentations relating to procurement amicably filed.
• Ensuring that the evaluation and selection criteria is appropriately executed and documented as outlined in field procurement policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that the right and appropriate contract is prepared, reviewed and duly approved upon selection of a vendor/supplier.
• Ensuring that all documentation and correspondences arising out of any procurement related transaction is appropriately documented and incorporated in the corresponding procurement file.
• Ensuring that all contracts, agreements etc. are properly filed and tracked, valid and up to date.
Reporting & Records Management:
Ensure that all procurement records are properly kept and all reports submitted in a timely manner by:
• Maintaining all Procurement files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner.
• Maintaining and regularly updating the price list.
• Maintaining and regularly updating the supplier database.
• Maintaining, keeping up-to-date and sharing weekly procurement trackers, showing the current status of the requested items and the date which they are expected to be supplied.
• Generating any other procurement related reports upon request.
Internal & External Business Partnerships:
Ensure that the procurement function works better together with both internal and external stakeholders by:
• Following up with requestors for documentations upon acceptance/receipt of goods and services (i.e Goods revived Notes, Service Completion Reports etc).
• Following up with requestors for to ensure that Payment Requests are done on a timely manner for goods or services completed.
• Following up with Finance department on outstanding payments files and procurement documents under financial review.
• Assisting requestors to indicate correct specifications on their procurement requests before solicitation.
• In liaison with Senior Operations Officer - Procurement, ensure that Procurement plans from Program Managers for all new and existing grants are provided and followed through during their duration.
• Internally coordinating, liaising and collaborating with other support functions (HR, Finance) to effectively provide support to program implementation.
• Assisting Program and operational personnel in regular procurement planning meetings.
• Managing procurement related external communications with vendors/suppliers in liaison with the Senior Operations Officer - Procurement.
Staff Management – Procurement:
Manage the performance of the direct reports through:
• Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback (documented bi/monthly one-on-one discussions), periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
• Setting up appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities (i.e. having clear updated Job Descriptions) for direct reports.
• Motivating, coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities.
• Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/work plans.
• Overseeing the Leave Planning and monitoring staff attendance.
• As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
• Ensure that Logistics Staff support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
• Ensure that Logistics Staff conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
• Operations Assistant - Procurement
• Reports Directly To: Senior Operations Officer - Procurement.( In Area Offices where applicable either to the Operations Coordinator/Senior Operation Officer - Procurement or Area Director)
• Works Directly With: Operations Officer - Logistics, Finance Officer, All Program Managers/Officers.
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in procurement or related field, with demonstrated experience in logistics and administration in Yemen.
• At least three (3) years of progressive experience with at least two (2) years’ experience with an international NGO in the areas of operations and procurement
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple staff and coordinate operations activities
• Ability to generate and analysis reports.
• Strong computer skills in basic, office programs.
• Strong interpersonal skill and ability to relate well with colleagues across all hierarchy levels.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written; and
• Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
The successful candidate will be conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment. She/he will have the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and a willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people. They will have the ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel. Must have strong English skills, both oral and written.
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.