Database Specialist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Category: Information Systems
Name of Position: Database Specialist
Posted: 07 June-2021
Deadline : 17 Jun-2021
Core purpose of the Job
To design, implement, and maintain complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods, ensuring efficient operations of the database systems according to the company approved standards.
- Administrate company database systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain the database system.
- Perform all activities related to maintaining a successful database environment (as per standard methodology adapted by Oracle)
- Perform system tuning and ensure database efficient functionality.
- Support all other IT function to manage their work and helping them to establish any new database or application.
- Implement new shipments, patches and upgrades for business related application DB’s.
- Fix and follow data consistency.
- Write scripts to manage daily tasks e.g. rejected calls, log checks, storage capacity.
- Install, configure, update and remove of different Database’s products.
- Add and remove users and groups and create profiles with proper audit standards.
- Perform backups and occasional file restorations (recovery) test and backup sets and to health check taken copies.
- System tuning and capacity planning -- monitoring the system logs, network connectivity and performance, and system resources (such as storage space management) using Oracle tools and related SQL scripts.
- Maintain local documentation: hardware and software configuration and maintenance, cabling, status of backups, local procedures and policies.
- Audit security: auditing system log files, construction of traps.
- Identify problems and provide correction (trouble shooting software problems and failures).
- Establish/recommend policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database management system.
- Manage the platinum support with the vendors.
- Participate in developing and building the IT strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in IS or Computer Engineering is a necessarily.
- MBA is a preferred.
- PMP Certificate is preferred
- Other certificate (SQL, Oracle) is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of proven professional experience in the same area.
- Previous experience in GSM is a plus otherwise in large organization.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong practical background in Oracle DBA, as well Oracle Certified DBA.
- Efficiently use Oracle tools like OEM , OPS centre to manage HW and database components and enable the addressed KPI’s and events
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills (as an advantage).
- Time management skills.
- Effective relationships with peers, vendors, and others in a diverse environment
- Willingness to work on weekend or after working hours based on the work requirements.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل