The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Hodeidah
Logistician 1 provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, stock management, import-export activities and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards and local legislation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- May manage and ensure proper filing for some of the following supply-chain activities depending on the size of the operation:
- Supply-chain management and planning (manages and follows up on requests, provides customer desk service and carries out related reporting).
- Participation in purchase planning (purchase orders, request orders, supplier files, etc.).
- Warehouse management.
- Implementation and follow-up for financial and administrative procedures.
- Fleet management.
- Import-export activities.
- Trains ICRC staff in logistics procedures.
- Follow up clusters meeting with organizations
- Covers Hodeida port of importation process when needed.
- Coordinate with local authorities of any logistical issues needed formalities
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English and/or French.
- Computer proficiency.
Professional Experience Required
- Three years' professional experience, preferably in commercial, military or humanitarian logistics.
- ICRC field experience an asset.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
Indicating in the subject line: Logistician 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 11.02.2019