Ended Security & Safety Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Security & Safety Officer 2
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : ADEN
The Security Officer 2 advises the delegation/site on security risk assessment and associated mitigating measures on site and for Field Trips while ensuring proper diffusion and access to information related to security in line with Duty of Care obligations
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Compiles security related data/information and its source/origin on a regular or ad hoc basis with the necessary discretion and accuracy.
- Reports security-related events and changes that could have an impact on ICRC's activities.
- Helps and advises the Field teams to prepare Field trips by providing an updated security analysis on the area to be visited by the ICRC.
- Analyses security situation and advises management on the potential risks to the ICRC staff, operations and reputation.
- Contributes to risk analysis exercises undertaken by the delegation and maintains a database and map of the security incidents, threats end trends.
- Monitors the effective implementation of security procedures and processes.
- Provides security briefing and training as required.
- Help raise staff awareness (on context specific) security and safety awareness sessions (across the AoR).
- Monitors effective functioning of the security department, through constant mentoring, demonstrating leadership, staff appraisals and developing a feedback recoding mechanism.
- Supports Management in assessing the safety of residences/training locations (existing and new).
- Advises management on implication in case of non-compliance to security rules.
- Supports management in dealing with possible (judicial) investigations into security or safety incidents.
- Manage security service contracts with complete transparency and professionalism, in consultation with Admin and ICT departments.
- Regularly asses the safety and security measures in all ICRC premises and makes suggestions when / where need be to the Management and to the Admin.
- Supervises security guards, including administrative matters related to their management (if required).
- Develops external networking with formal and informal security forums (police and other law enforcing agencies, private security companies. Notifies the authorities of the ICRC movements (if required). .
- Internally, interacts within the ICRC delegation/office and Security Risk Management Advisers.
- Externally interacts with a network of interlocutors related to ICRC security.
- Reports to the HoM or her / his replacement.
- University degree.
- Security & safety management background, experience in crisis management an asset, possible back ground in military, police or emergency services
- Fluent knowledge of English and/or French and/or Spanish and mastery of local language.
Computer literacy (Word, Excel).
- Professional Experience required
Professional Experience Required
- 3-6 years’ experience in a similar field of activity.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
Indicating in the subject line: Security & Safety Officer 2
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 17.02.2019