Ended HR/ Admin Assistant
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Position: HR/ Admin Assistant
Reporting to: Admin Manager.
Technical Link: HR/ Admin Officer
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (HR/ Admin Assistant), based in Sana’a, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Admin Manager, and in strong technical link with the HR/Admin Officer, the HR/Admin Assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures. HR/Admin Assistant is responsible for day-to-day operations of HR Department.
- Prepare HR documentation required for new hires and establishes personnel file.
- Assist HR Officer in the preparation of employment offers, making sure that all required documents are provided.
- Assist in conducting new-employee orientation, coordinating with MdM Line Managers to organize on orientation packet.
- Assist in the follow-up and renewal of Service contracts to ensure timely renewals if needed.
- Prints and monitors the Employee fingerprint attendance system and provides information as required.
- Summarize daily absenteeism of employees and reports HR Officer excluding the employees who have submitted an approved leave application.
- Maintain and update all leave records in the database to verify all information in the leave application is correct and approved.
- Receive timesheets on monthly basis and matches with employee fingerprint and leaves.
- Assist HR Officer in the follow up of new employee medical insurance applications, photos and other HR documents.
- Assist in maintaining and updating personnel files and keeping them current, verifying HR documentation is complete, signed and dated prior to filing in.
- Assist HR Officer to follow up with Managers regarding employee 90-day probationary period assessment, and process employee confirmation letter.
- Assisting in the notification of Managers/supervisors on Annual Employee performance appraisals dates.
- Coordinate with Logistic or Client to print MdM ID cards and create email accounts for new hires.
- Prepare and enter employee data into MdM HR fingerprint system.
- Assist the HR Officer to collect reference check for newly hired employees (Service/Consultancy Contracts).
- Assist the HR Officer to issue Service and Consultant Contracts.
- Arranging for interviews, prepare CV’s, evaluations sheets, calling candidates.
- Makes sure that the work space, computer and other equipment, mailbox, and appropriate installed software are ready for the new employee's start day.
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Admin Manager / HR officer.
- Bachelor Degree/ Diploma in HR management or business administration.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of Human Resources and Administration in similar position with INGOs.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Arabic and English Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of employment local law and practices.
- Punctual and has excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate under immense pressure.
- Excellent skills in database management and record keeping.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good drafting and report writing skills are required.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) to the email: email@example.com
- End of submission: Wednesday, 13th February, 2019.
- Please specify the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
Thanks to note that only the persons who will be seen on tests/interviews will be contacted.