Field Security Associate
Title of Position: Field Security Associate
Position Number: UNOPS
Category / Level: LICA-6
Entry on Duty: ASAP
Duration: 31/12/2019 (extendable)
Location: Turbah Hub Yemen
Date of Issue: 05/02/2019
Closing Date for Applications: 18/02/2019
The Field Security Associate manages and supports activities pertaining to staff security.
The incumbent is supervised by a Senior Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR staff members, UN agencies, NGOs, implementing partners in the area to facilitate the operation.
The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the management of security issues.
Accountability: (key results that will be achieved)
- Country operations receive practical advice and support toward helping ensure an appropriate level of safety.
- UNHCR maintains beneficial relationships with host country law enforcement agencies and the UN Security Management System.
Responsibility: (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Provide assistance to the supervisor in evaluating the level of risk and assessing the existing security measures for the UNHCR staff, operations, premises, partners and persons of concern.
- Conduct regular security assessment missions to the field in coordination with UNDSS/other agencies; assist the supervisor during field missions to gather information and analyse the security situation.
- Be aware of security protocols and procedures in place, especially those comprising Minimum Operational Security Measures derived from (SRMM); check for compliance and advise management on any deficiencies.
- Monitor the physical security of UNHCR premises and reports on deficiencies/ requirements for the guard force.
- Assist in efforts to ensure the physical protection and security of refugees and other persons of concern.
- Provide support during implementation of security-related projects.
- Assist in the monitoring, updating and reporting of security-related events.
- Assist in the processing of administrative security issues.
- Maintain relations and cooperation with UN security management system actors, local law enforcement agencies, civil authorities and other relevant agencies.
- Provide security briefings and training to UNHCR staff, and as appropriate partner staff, on relevant country information and on other issues pertaining to the UN security management system including, inter alia, the warden system, radio communication procedures, travel procedures and fire safety.
- Respond to staff queries on security issues and provide immediate assistance as required.
- Undertake other functions as delegated by the supervisor.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Completion of secondary education with relevant training and experience in security and safety issues.
- In addition to the local UN working language, excellent knowledge of English.
- Minimum of 8 years (6 with advances training/certificate) of previous relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- (In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English).
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Judgement and decision making
- Analytical Thinking
- Political Awareness
- Change capability and adaptability
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Good computer skills
- Excellent security apparatus knowledge
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and it supplementary pages (if applicable). Completed and signed form should be submitted with a motivation letter, factsheets and CV by e-mail to the below email address. The email subject line should clearly indicate the Title of the position as stated above.
Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Address: UNHCR SO Aden, P.O. Box 6090
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates might be requested to sit for a test.
No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).