Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for:
Contract duration: Short term contract
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Full time
Reporting to: Medical Referent
• Assess patient physical capacities, using different procedures (e.g. functional capacity tests) in order to set up treatment objectives with the patient and therefore improve patient's health and wellbeing.
• Elaborate and implement physiotherapy programs, including physiotherapy exercises, manipulations, massages, education, utilization of physiotherapy devices and orthopedic equipment, educating and advising patients and their careers on how to prevent and/or improve conditions, in order to accelerate and improve activity results.
• Train patients and care-takers on how to avoid injury in order to create preventive behaviors.
• Actively monitor and report physiotherapy activities (correctly filling in patient files, forms, statistics, and reports) and analyze these statistics in order to improve quality service, preserving patient’s data traceability.
• Take care of physiotherapy equipment, managing the stock, making orders according to activity and cleaning up the equipment, in order to ensure its continuous availability and quality of service.
• Report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service, especially the loss/ robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines in order to implement the appropriate measures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Education : Essential: Physiotherapist diploma/degree
Experience : Prior Experience with MSF or another NGO is an asset
Languages : Essential Arabic and Desirable English
Knowledge : Essential: computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Competencies: Results, Teamwork , Flexibility, Commitment, People Management
Applications must be in ENGLISH language. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, relevant training/work certificates, and recommendations from previous employers.
MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES FRANCE
Please bring send your CV and Cover Letter to the MSF Office, Al Khamseen Street, Al Salkhanah District or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 12th February 2019 – 6:00pm