Ended Biomed Technician
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for:
Contract duration: Short term contract
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Full time
Reporting to: Logistics manager
• Performing and carrying out, all necessary complex / advanced installation, maintenance and repair of MSF biomedical equipment and ensuring that as few items are out of service at any given time. This includes the following tasks :
• Organizing and participating in the installation of biomedical equipment
• Following the schedule and carrying out preventive and curative maintenance works for the equipment according to the MSF and/or manufacturer's protocols, manuals, and recommendations and ensuring that cleaning and simple maintenance are properly carried out by medical staff
• Reporting any issues or problems on biomed equipment to his/her supervisor and proposing solutions (training of staff on a device, operating procedures, etc.). If maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools, this shall be requested from and provided by his/her supervisor.
• Participating in organizing user training where required
• Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
• Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
• Keeping working area clean and tidy.
• Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed (including date of intervention, replaced parts, problems and solutions) and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Education : Diploma as Biomedical technician preferred, Diploma as mechanical or electrical technician, Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
Experience : Experience in a technical field (minimum 2 years’ experience)
Languages : Essential: Arabic and English
Knowledge : Knows and understands all the biomedical devices present on the project including the operating principle, use and technical documentation of each biomedical equipment on the project
Applications must be in ENGLISH language. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, relevant training/work certificates, and recommendations from previous employers.
MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES FRANCE
Please bring send your CV and Cover Letter to the MSF Office, Al Khamseen Street, Al Salkhanah District or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 12th February 2019 – 6:00pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned.