Ended Field Civil Engineer
Note: Application process for this job has been amended. If you applied for this job before, please apply again using the new application process outlined below.
Publish date: Feb 6, 2019
Deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Search is implementing a project titled “Future Called Peace” aiming to enhance youth leaders’ role to transform conflict collaboratively and without violent in Yemen. Search is working in four districts, with a mix of urban, semi-urban, and rural.
Implemented in one district of four target governorates, the project aims to build the capacity of young women and men between the ages of 20 and 35 in key skills: conflict analysis, conflict scans, dialogue facilitation, and community-based interventions. Following capacity building activities, the project will strengthen relationships between youth participants, their community, and local stakeholders through stakeholder dialogues led by local youth to brainstorm solutions to local problems facing youth. Community-based initiatives will address these identified issues and reach across community dividing lines to leverage local resources to find shared solutions to the common problems.
Vacancy: Field Civil Engineer Consultant
Duration: Three months
The Field Civil Engineer Consultant will report directly to the Project Manager and will work closely with Project Coordinators. He is responsible for the following:
- Undertake field level needs assessments in coordination with Project Coordinators and officers; review and develop bill of quantities (BOQ), designs, and technical specifications.
- Review construction works’ cost and Feasibility studies and provide advice on the effectiveness of construction works.
- Prepare biddings requirements and ensure conformity with the Yemeni law.
- Supervise opening the bids process and ensure conformity with the Yemeni law.
- Ensure that all construction activities are implemented in adherence with Search and/or other recognized international construction quality and safety standards.
- Schedule, monitor, and inspect all construction works from start to end and help resolve construction issues as may arise in the field.
- Supervise field engineers and approve technical reports and payment requests filed from the field.
- Coordinate with other partners working in construction-related community initiatives.
- Review and approve field engineers’ reports and quality checks.
- Approve final reports after ensuring all QA and QC requirements are met.
- Provide technical support in any contractual issue by ensuring adherence to costs and timelines; as well as advising on the implications on cost, quality, timelines of any specification or scope changes requested by contractors.
- Develop regular progress reports (week and/or monthly) on construction activities and share with PM.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned by his supervisor.
Key Required Skills
- Search seeks an experienced civil engineer with the following skills:
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Experience working with international organizations.
- Office & Field Technical Experience construction management, monitoring of the procurement activities in terms of preparing, reviewing required technical specifications, tender documents, technical and financial evaluation and contract agreements for ensuring compliance with agreed terms and applicable laws.
- Effective team work and capacity building with others including architects, developers, contractors, inspectors, government officials and agents.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, problems solving, time management & priority setting and excellent communicator.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft applications, Staad pro. and AutoCAD.
- University certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office especially Excel).
- Good knowledge of Arabic and English languages.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
Qualified candidates may submit their application, using the following link:
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
For more information on Search, including its core values and competencies, please visit Search website at www.sfcg.org