Ended Hotline Employee
Position: Hotline Employee
Duration: till 31 of December 2019
Closing Date: Friday 15, February 2019
Yemen Red Crescent have been established in 1970 after the presidential decree no(51) that aimed to establish the Yemeni Red Crescent in a head quarter in Sana'a with it is branches in the governorates. With it is capacity, YRC is well experienced National NGOs of protecting civil society affected by natural disaster and post-conflict in timeline of emergency response. YRCs has strong relationship with branches of it is community and reputation for being a reliable displacement and emergency response agency. As partners of the different members of the Movement support communities in becoming stronger and safer through a variety of development projects and humanitarian activities. The Movement also works in cooperation with governments, donors and other aid organizations to assist vulnerable people around the world.
YRC is looking for Hotline Employee to follow up on its protection activities in responding to feedback/complaints of the protection project beneficiaries. The position is in line to the YRC humanitarian response to internal displacement in Yemen under partnership agreement with UNHCR. It is a key YRC position, YRC expecting that the post holder will be qualified and possess protection skills, knowledge and attitude to be immediately effective in the field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive feedback/complaints calls to the hotline (cellphones and land phone), and insert necessary information into the database
- Respond to complaints objectively, accurately, and in line with IDPs Community Center guidelines, using information provided by Project Director and Protection Officer.
- Validate the collected data on daily basis.
- Maintain confidential and detailed records of all complaints in the database and other electronic and hard copy filing systems, as appropriate;
- Filter the feedback/complaints received on daily basis
- Follow up on pending complaints.
- Prepare daily report on feedback/complaints received and disseminate to relevant staff as agreed upon with the Project Director.
- Analyzing patterns and trends in complaints to help Project Management improve the services provided by the IDPs Community Center.
- Prepare weekly reports on the feedback received and the actions taken in response to them and the status of the actions taken.
- When required, the Hotline Employee will give feedback through phone to the complainers about the actions taken by the IDPs Community Center in response to their complaints.
- Prepare quarterly statistical reports on the performance of the beneficiary feedback mechanism and the response rate to received feedback/complaints.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Assist project teams with other activities, as requested by immediate supervisor;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the Protection Officer/Project Director.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of all complaints received
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- A university degree in Social Work, International Development, IT or other relevant field is required.
- Experience working within an NGO is preferred.
- Experience and/or training in issues of protection.
- Advanced computer skills in IT, Dashboard, MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Experience using other statistical software or Open Data Kit or Kobo Toolbox preferred.
- Strong oral and written English skills.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multi-task.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
Values and Competencies (applicable to all staff):
- Respect and act in line with the YRCS staff regulations, Code of Conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of the Red Crescent Movement.
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of integrity, accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- A good team player having knowledge and skills on group dynamics.
- Respect cross cultural environment as well as views of co-workers.
- Ensure management competencies to achieve objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
In good mental & physical health, high level of stress tolerance etc.
Interested candidates should send the following:
• A Cover Letter in English
• A detailed CV in English and Arabic.
To the email email@example.com latest by February 15, 2019.
Please write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line" otherwise you will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview