Ended Security Guard
Job Title: Security Guard (4)
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Senior Security Officer
Location: Ibb, Yemen
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Four Security Guards will provide security Services to the staff, as well as external reception duties. They will report to the Senior Security officer. In particular, they will:
- Guarding the Guest House / office premises during the day/ night.
- Take telephone messages and ensure messages are passed onto relevant staff.
- Maintain the garden and surrounding area.
- Bring to the notice of the Senior Security Officer any unusual circumstances.
- Keep record of daily staff movements and maintaining a record of visitors.
- Ensure that all offices and windows are locked, and that lights, computers and other electronic equipment are properly turned off upon departure of staff members.
- Ensure that persons who are not Global Communities staff members are not permitted to enter premises after-hours.
- Log in and out Global Communities staff members on holidays and weekends.
- Monitor alarms and closed-circuit TV cameras.
- Ensure that He/ She Has Experience with the suspicious Massage or Packages.
- Ensure that He /She has Experience in communications attituded.
- Ensure that He /She has Experience in writing a daily activities and reports of his office.
- Ensure that He/ She have a good Experience to know about his surrounding and Neighborhood.
- Due to nature of organization’s activities, above mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet organization’s objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Proven working experience as a Security Guard will be preferred.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Basic English and fluency in Arabic
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
7-9 Grade is required or High school and 3-6 months of experience will be preferred.
From February 2019 until 31 March 2020.
- Application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 12 February 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.