Ended Procurement Officer
Job Title Procurement Officer
Duty Station Based in Ibb/Taiz
Salary Level Level one
About International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Context and Background : International Medical Corps is implementing a Health, Nutrition and WASH programs in Yemen
The procurement officer works under the supervision and guidance of the Logistics Manager and the Head of Office in Ibb/Taiz. Including;
A- Follow-up and set work plans with the Procurement assistant to ensure that the tasks are conducted on time.
B- Co-ordinate with the Logistic manager & Sr. procurement officer to discuss the planned activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Personally, see the procurement procedure is implemented accurately and the correct processes followed. A copy of IMC’s procurement guidelines is available from the logistics manager.
• Obtain quotes from the market and do so independently and self-sufficiently.
• Fill out the bid summaries, comparison sheets, waivers and purchase orders. The Procurement Officer must submit them to their supervisor, and request the supervisor issue a memo I case a waiver is used.
• Ask for signatures as per the proper procurement procedure.
• Ensure that the procurement is completed in the best possible timeframe. Apply economies of scale where possible.
• The Procurement officer is the only person in their assigned office that conducts procurements. Any other staff will need clearance from the Logistics Manager prior do conducting their own procurements.
• Deliver the Purchase Orders (POs) to the selected suppliers; Ask for signature and provides a signed copy to the suppliers as proof of order.
• Record the PO in the procurement tracking sheet and keeps it updated with progress of delivery.
• Monitor IMC procurement contracts and ensure a timely renewal before the deadlines.
• At the end of each week, the Procurement Officer will prepare and email the up-to-date Procurement Tracking Sheet, contract tracking sheet and vendor catalogue to the Logistics Manager.
• At the end of each month, provide the logistics manager & Sr. procurement officer with an updated Supplier registration forms, vendor catalogue, PTS excel and online dashboards. Any other reports requested.
• Ensure the procurement operations are documented in a well-organized filing system, using number system provided to you. Original contract and procurement documents are passed into Finance Department, keep scanned copies within logistics office.
• Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
• Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
• Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
• 2 – 4 years’ experience in procurement and end to end supply chain
• Knowledge and understanding of warehousing, logistics and procurement.
• Knowledge of Procurement principles &Procurement plans.
• Previous experience in an NGO environment
• Knowledge of IMC procurement policies, types and compositions
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
qualified candidates can send their CVs to the below email.
Please write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line"