Ended CHVs Supervisor ( CHVs and MSGs )
Job Title CHVs supervisor ( CHVs and MSGs )
Duty Station Aden with travel to field when needed
Current Employee H&N Department staff
Salary Level Based on IMC Salary Scale
About International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
International Medical Corps has been implementing an integrated program in nutrition, health and WASH integrated program in Yemen since 2012. With funding obtained from different donors, such integrated program is being expanded to address underlying causes of malnutrition through health and hygiene promotion, access to health services and the piloting of livelihoods projects to meet the needs of vulnerable populations in in Yemen; especially, in Lahj, Taiz and Sana’a governorates. In line with this fact, IMC is looking for qualified staff with Program background and
experience to take up the role of CHVs Supervisior based in Aden / Al-Dhalee .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Effective implementation and delivery of Community interventions project:
• To assess Nutrition and Health officer and IMC H&N manager to implement all CHVs planned activities.
• To work in collaboration with IMC Health and Nutrition officers to implement the activities related to the CHVs.
• To prepare Monthly work Plan for CHVs related Activities.
• To carry out monitoring and supervisory visit to CHVs around IMC supported health facilities
• To Collect, review and Analysis monthly report of all CHVs.
• To coordinate meetings and organize CHVs activities (Focus Group Discussion , House to House visit , Puppet theather .
• To prepare for outreach mobilization campaign in collaboration with IMC nutrition and Health team
• To Coordinate with Health and Nutrition to review surveillance data from IMC supported program and Prepare plan based on the Disease (Outbreaks )
• To represent IMC in CHVs relevant meetings
• To collaborate with different IMC staffs to achieve planned activities
• To work in coordination with GHO/DHO to achieve IMC goal in Yemen.
• To supervise the below CHVs program staffs at health facilities level to carry the mentioned duties
• Sensitize/ mobilize the community and Implementation of CHVs training community Campaigns and advocacy meeting.
• Assisting in capacity strengthening of CHVs and MSGs
• Maintains reporting pathway and collection of monthly CHVs reports/Data.
• Monitoring and Supervise CHVs and MSGs activities in targeted district, providing technical support and contribute to the development, management and facilitation of the implementation of CHVs strategy.
• Review all project documents regarding CHVs and MSGs (proposal, budget) shared with head of office and respective section for review.
• Regular/partners jointly field monitoring visits, provided technical inputs/feedback. Reporting on activities with clear action points and follow up plan.
• Submission of Regular weekly, Biweekly , Monthly and quarterly report .
• Coordinate quarterly review meetings with partners including donors.
• Any other activities assigned by IMC Health and Nutrition Manager .
Partnerships for social mobilization and community participation
• Develop and maintain partnerships with relevant civil society/NGO groups, religious groups, traditional leaders, creative artistes and other organized groups in the community, as well as with private sector to orient them on CHVs and MSGs and country Program goals and to solicit their involvement in the implementation of behavior and social change interventions.
• Map out key stakeholders, decision makers, community leaders and influencers and (third level) communities to better understanding of community dynamics, liaise with community actors to develop effective approaches.
• working closely with Office Information management officer to in data generating (measuring program progress) and Area of coverage mapping.
• engaging with community through field visits and FGDs, making sure children and adolescents are consulted and reached. Gather and Analyze community acceptance and accessibility within targeted areas, how IMC is perceived for better community understanding (socially, politically, economically and culturally) , ensuring program efficient delivery and impact.
Reporting to Nutrition and Health Senior
Directly supervise H&N Department staff
1. Bachelor’s degree social science or in nutrition/health is required.
2. 1 years of relevant work experience in similar field .
3. Previous experience working for an international NGO.
4. Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
5. Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
6. Good report writing skills and strong in use of MS Office
7. Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
Candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-AdenHR@InternationalMedicalCorps.org and need to “write the title & location of the position they apply for it” in the "email subject line"