Ended Health and Nutrition Commodities Assistant
Job Title Health and Nutrition commodities Assistant
Duty Station Aden with travel to field when needed
Current Employee H&N Department staff
Salary Level Based on IMC Salary Scale
About International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
International Medical Corps has been implementing an integrated program in nutrition, health and WASH integrated program in Yemen since 2012. With funding obtained from different donors, such integrated program is being expanded to address underlying causes of malnutrition through health and hygiene promotion, access to health services and the piloting of livelihoods projects to meet the needs of vulnerable populations in in Yemen; especially, in Lahj, Taiz and Sana’a governorates. In line with this fact, IMC is looking for qualified staff with Program background and
experience to take up the role of Health and Nutrition Commodities assistant based in Aden / Al-Dhalee
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The health and Nutrition commodities officer will support the Health & Nutrition Manager in managing all medical and food commodities related issues in the site. health and Nutrition commodities officer will spend at least 50% of his/her time in the field the essential duties for this position will be as following:
1. Work in coordination with medical officers to follow up with commodities related issues in the health facilities.
2. Work in coordination with warehouse officer to facilitate the planning of the monthly shipments and create the proper medical requisitions.
3. Ensure monthly consumption reports from health facilities and analyze, in order to determine and customize supply of medical commodities based on actual needs of health facilities.
4. Monitor the accuracy of the consumption reports by double checking with the records (stock cards and bin cards) in the health facilities.
5. Ensure stock registers, stock cards and bin cards are available, being used and updated at each health facility
6. Create timely medical requisitions to cover the monthly health facilities’ needs.
7. Assess medical equipment status and needs in the health facilities on regular basis.
8. Ensure updated medical inventory for the health facilities being supported by the site office
9. Ensure the implementation of pharmacies and medical warehouses standards are being applied in the health facilities pharmacies and medical warehouses.
10. Attend meetings and get the updates from all health facilities and medical warehouses and follow up for all needed issues.
11. Schedule regular field visits on monthly basis, submit a monthly field visit plan and provide report within a week following field visit
12. Monitor site’s medical warehouses and that include (stock analyzing, expiry dates tracking, record keeping)
13. Work in coordination with logistics in the site to facilitate accuracy of documentation and tracking of timely deliveries to health facilities
14. Monitor reception of medical shipments by health facility.
15. Ensure the availability of all essential medications in all supported health facilities and avoid stock outs.
Reporting to Health and Nutrition Manager
Directly supervise H&N Department staff
- Bachelor’s degree pharmacy , medical science or in nutrition/health is required.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience working for an international NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Good report writing skills and strong in use of MS Office
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
Candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-AdenHR@InternationalMedicalCorps.org and need to “write the title & location of the position they apply for it” in the "email subject line"