Ended Health and Nutrition Senior Officer
Job Title Health and Nutrition Senior Officer
Duty Station Aden with travel to field when needed
Current Employee H&N Department staff
Salary Level Based on IMC Salary Scale
About International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
International Medical Corps has been implementing an integrated program in nutrition, health and WASH integrated program in Yemen since 2012. With funding obtained from different donors, such integrated program is being expanded to address underlying causes of malnutrition through health and hygiene promotion, access to health services and the piloting of livelihoods projects to meet the needs of vulnerable populations in in Yemen; especially, in Lahj, Taiz and Sana’a governorates. In line with this fact, IMC is looking for qualified staff with Program background and
experience to take up the role of Health and Nutrition Senior based in Aden / Al-Dhalee .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design, implement, and oversee health and nutrition related trainings for health facility staff in targeted locations.
• Coordinate with GHOs Aldhalea to ensure timely and efficient implementation of program activities
• Represent IMC at the relevant humanitarian coordination mechanisms, including clusters.
• Write program reports for IMC, and other recipients as necessary
• Establish or strengthen systems and standards for regular assessment, monitoring and evaluation of IMC projects to ensure timely and effective implementation as measured against project objectives and indicators.
• Assist in the design and streamlining of IMC data collection inclusive of analysis and reporting on data to highlight IMC’s program impact.
• Assist in the design and execution of quantitative surveys and other field-based research and studies and generate quality reports to inform project design and improve effectiveness of IMC activities.
• Assist in the drafting of communications materials, including promotional material, situational reports, capability statements, and media pieces.
• Provide support to program staff as necessary in direct project implementation.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Technical and Managerial Leadership
• Deliver of results for beneficiaries across all programming areas to include health, nutrition.
• Develop monthly and quarterly work plans linked to budgets to achieve the program’s expected results.
• In coordination with Program Manager, ensure the implementation of agreed plans to achieve quality results, on time and within the allocated budgets.
• Identify needs for professional training of national partners related to PHC service provision and assist in training provision.
• Oversee comprehensive training programs in Maternal and Child Health, CMAM, Minimal Initial Service Package for Reproductive Health and Integrated Management of Childhood Illness that have been customized for the Yemen context and delivered to PHC providers.
• Continuously seek to identify and report emerging needs of communities and recommend interventions to address them, either through current programming or through the design of new activities.
• Ensure that programs are implemented in ways that are responsive to communities, women and children, in line with IMC’s procedures.
• Monitor program implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection as guided by the Nutrition, Health manager .
• Provide data, case studies and success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use.
• Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
• Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to Health and Nutrition Manager
Directly supervise H&N Department staff
- Bachelor’s degree medicine, dentistry, Nursing, medical assistant or in nutrition/health is required.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience working for an international NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Good report writing skills and strong in use of MS Office
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
Candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-AdenHR@InternationalMedicalCorps.org and need to “write the title & location of the position they apply for it” in the "email subject line"