Ended Health Facility Referral Assistant (5)
Position: Health Facility Referral Assistant
Location: Sana’a/ Amran
Reports to: Referral Officer
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The HF Referral Assistant is responsible for coordinating specialty care for the referred cases between RI-Supported HFs at different levels with critical medical problems who need transfer from primary to secondary levels of health care, and unsure providing high quality medical service for referred cases.
The HF Referral Assistant also will be responsible for scheduling, tracking, referral case management and providing reports. The HF Referral Assistant will represent the organization professionally and positively to enhance and promote the core values and mission of RI, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact. The HF Referral Assistant works under direct supervision of referral officer and general supervision of the Project Manager. The position requires a flexible working schedule. Allowing working hours during day and night times if needed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision and guidance of the Referral Officer, the HF Referral Assistant will be responsible for:
- Monitor and ensure providing high quality medical care to referred cases within referral hospital.
- Monitor and ensure the proper application of RI Referral Policies by following all the referral processes and theirs outcomes at HF level
- Ensures a correct flow of the patients referred by RI-supported 1ry health facilities to RI-supported 2ry hospitals
- Ensures that the referral policy is understood by the patients and their relatives
- Refreshes list of contacts and services provided by each referral hospital (by visits/phone).
- Facilitates admission procedures for the patients that are referred between RI-supported HFs ,in case of facing any problem, and do the regular follow up of the cases while admitted in the referral hospital and ensure that they are receiving good quality care.
- Ensure that all the patients have signed and understood the discharge of liability before their referral.
- Coordinate between primary health facilities and referral hospitals to ensure proper and smooth referral process
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals and ensure patient safety.
- Ensure proper data collection of the referred patients and share the evolution and the outcome with the referral officer
- Due to the nature of the mission, flexibility in tasks will be asked for in order to assure the good functioning of the mission and the well-being of the patients.
- Assemble information concerning patient's clinical background and referral needs per referral system guidelines.
- Contact referral Officer to ensure prior approval requirements are met. Present necessary medical information includes: nature of the cases and reason of referrals for each referred case and provide specific medical information to financial services to maximize reimbursement to the hospital, physicians, pharmacy, drivers, etc.
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the healthcare system, financial or social barriers (e.g., request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance).
- Will be responsible for cases per dium payments.
- Strong competency in tracking daily clinic and inpatient procedure schedules. Remind patients of scheduled appointments via mobile, if needed.
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner.
- Send a report on weekly basis about all the cases received or referred during the week to RI-HIS officer.
- Report any problem related to project in a timely manner to the RI-Project Officer
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Medical related specialty with relevant strong health background (Midwives are highly preferred)
- 1 year of experience in health field. Experience in same position is preferred
- Knowledge of clinical/medical procedures, medical terminology and medical records confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible and relate well with others in a professional and pleasant manner
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of tact and poise to deal effectively with patients, physicians and hospital staff members.
- Fluent in Arabic and Medical English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good command of Microsoft Office
- Possess multi-cultural flexibility and experience
- Strong organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions
- Calm, listen rigorously, able to work under pressure and handle stressful situation
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Team player, and able to work independently
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight February 12, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted