Ended Governorate Officer
Position: Governorate Officer
Location: Sana’a /Safa’an
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till 31 December, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the supervision of the Health Project Officer, Government Officer will contribute to the project planning, administration, implementation, monitoring and the evaluation of project activities in the field , including teamwork and capacity building
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with GHO, DHO and health facilities managers in the implementation of project activities.
- Work closely with health project officer and project manager with to achieve program's objectives and targeted effectively and efficiently.
- Prepares PRs and follow up with the logistic departments and ensure the delivery in the warehouses and preparing the distribution plans as per project needs.
- Undertakes ongoing visits to site, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors inputs
- Prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans for the project.
- Makes sure that community based activities are done properly.
- Conduct and ensure field staff participation in monthly, quarterly progress and planning meeting.
- Prepare and conduct all the trainings during implementation project .
- Supervises the provision of primary/secondary services in health facilities and ensure the availability of medications and supplies in health facilities.
- Ensures smooth implementation and proper functioning of health service provision.
- Directly supervises field programme assistants in the field and provides technical support to them
- Attends internal meetings when assigned by Health Project Officer to represents R1.
- Follow field supervisor recommendations for project quality, communication with beneficiaries, workplace rules and security when on field visits .
- Provides regular updates on inventory of medical and non-medical items supported by the project.
- Provides strategic and technical support (including, but not limited to, distribution plan, training plan etc.) to the project to ensure meeting the outcomes of the project in an integrated, sustainable manner
- Coordinates and prepares the required authorization documents with local counterpart authorities on project feasibility and effectiveness including field monitoring with local authorities when required and flow of supply and other non-supply assistance.
- Works directly with local councils, communities and vulnerable groups to implements the related programme interventions.
- Undertakes follow-up action on program implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant reports. Drafts changes in program work plans as required.
- Attends technical cooperation meetings, prepares notes and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to program implementation and monitoring.
- Coordinates with MEAL department and respond promptly to any concern or deviation observed in the field and ensure tracking of project indicators at all levels (activities, results, objectives and goal) media visits.
- Ensures regular follow-up and effective communications are maintained within the project team. Provide hands-on job training, capacity building, support, and feedback to project staff.
- Develops an implementation plan and ensure the effective tracking of the project.
- Makes sure that programs targets are met by using indicator and activity tracing sheet
- Collect and compile project data regularly and ensure its accuracy and submit it to health projects officer, including statistical reports, case studies, and successes stories.
- Works directly with local councils, communities and vulnerable groups to implement the related programme interventions.
- Undertakes ongoing visits to sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors inputs.
- Coordinate and prepare the required authorizations documents with local counterpart authorities on project feasibility and effectiveness including field monitoring with the local authorities when required and flow of supply and other non-supply assistance.
- Undertakes follow-up action on programme implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant reports. Drafts changes in programme work plans as required.
- Attends technical cooperation meetings, prepares notes and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to programme implementation and monitoring.
- Assists in identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment.
- Capture RI impact by conducting success stories from beneficiaries as directed by project officer.
- Assists in the preparation of the country programme recommendation by drafting reports ensuring accuracy and consistency with established rules and regulations.
- Maintains the computerized programme system database and submits relevant reports.
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues .
- Selects and compiles training and orientation materials for those involved in programme implementation, including donor and media visits.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Direct Supervisor or Project Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in nutrition and/ or health or related technical field
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience managing complex emergency response programs for development agency in similar context.
- Previous experience of supervising staff
- Previous experience with similar projects
- Excellent in communication skills in both English and/ or Arabic; ability to communicate strategically under pressure
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Excellent writer – ability to develop reports and accurately analyze M&E data
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff
- Ability to represent the Agency in meetings with donors and local government
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight February 12, 2019
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted