Ended Field Project Assistant
Position: Field Project Assistant
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
District Field officers (Mobile Medical Teams & HFs activity)under the direct supervision from governorate field officer is responsible for the overall Mobile medical teams(MMTs) at district level or Health facilities (HFs) at district level for high quality health and nutrition implementation.
- Assist in field duties as needed such as monitoring and supervision of HWs within HFs and compile the supportive documents (ID cards, attendance sheets, charts, etc.), medicine and medical equipment information cross checks with database and work planning,
- Follow field supervisor recommendations for project quality, communication with beneficiaries, workplace rules and security when on field visits.
- Cooperate with project staff to ensure work and improvement of project activities.
- Ensure proper guidelines are followed and use the most up-to-date template for documents to be filled out in the field concerning HFs selection and replacement as well as beneficiary lists and promptly received by the field supervisor.
- Give attention to ideas and information from field visits, which may assist in future project ideas. Such information to be included in regular project reports to immediate supervisor.
- Send reports to direct supervisor twice monthly or as requested which include detailed and accurate data concerning all activities assigned as well as addresses progress, specific challenges and successes in the work.
- Ensure quality photos are taken in the field and be provided to the liaison assistant.
- Capture RI impact by conducting success stories from beneficiaries as directed by project officer.
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner.
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests from direct supervisor or Program Manager.
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues;
- Commit to honest, quality work in the field.
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by project manager.
- Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- To follow up with both DHO and GHO the movement plan every three months and to discuss the change of the locations based on the caseload and criteria of MoHP
- Identifying, developing and maintaining relationships between Field office, Sana’a Country Office.
- To ensure and evaluate projects progress in order to capture and share learning from what do, and to facilitate a culture of continuous individual and organizational learning.
- Active participation in activities on field level and ensure the project activities as per plans.
- Monthly statistical reports from targeted health facilities/MMTs/SCs in the form of CMAM reports, and stock movement reports.
- Ensure active participation to the good cohesion of the team and of the project management
- within Yemen; ability to live in remote and isolated environments
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in nutrition and/or health or related technical field.
- One-year experience in the field work with mobile team.
- Proven experience in UNFPA project activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with project team
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight February 17, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted