Ended Senior Budgeting and Reporting Officer
Position: Senior Budgeting and Reporting Officer
Reports to: Country Finance Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
RI is looking to hire a Budgeting and Reporting Officer in its main Country Office to help in performing the below duties.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Budget Preparation, Management and Monitoring
- Responsible for existing grant modifications by ensuring all relevant stakeholders are involved in the budgeting process.
- Coordinate the development of the master budget and ensure all costs/assumptions are included and up to date.
- Maintains information on budget availability for all grants.
- Ensures budgets in BVA report are updated on a periodic basis.
- Produces high quality Budget vs. Actuals (BvA) analysis to support budget holders in their budget management.
- Participates in monthly budget monitoring meetings, identifying any areas of slow or fast burn rates or other challenges.
- Develops action plans based on findings of BvA meetings.
- Provides advice/training to budget holders on budget management and budget phasing.
- Review reclassifications requests proposed by program staff for eligibility ensuring consistency with donor regulations and Relief International Financial Management policies.
- Review expenses on monthly basis to ascertain validity of booking/coding, eligibility and compliance with the donor policies and procedures.
- Reviews Cost Allocation Methodology produced entries based on allowable and allocable criteria.
- Carries out inductions and staff trainings for finance procedures, donor requirements etc.
Grant / Contract Management, Donor Reporting
- Support in the development of cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Ensures compliance with all donor requirements and advises budget holders on compliance issues.
- Advises budget holders on how best to utilize a programme’s funding portfolio.
- Ensures donor regulations are communicated to all staff and that all activities meet donor requirements.
- Review monthly cash projections based on budget availability & coordinate with Accounting & Finance Department on cash requests.
- Ensures donor financial reports are submitted in a timely manner, in adequate & credible quality.
- Work closely with the Senior Compliance Officer to support on award close out processes and reconciliation (financial aspects only).
- Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advance University Degree in Finance, Accounting/ High professional certificate is preferable.
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience in budgeting and budget management, preferably in an international organization.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Experienced user of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Analytical/Communication/inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work under highly stressful conditions.
- Writing/drafting skills
- Ability to train and educate other staff.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight February 12,2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted