Ended MEAL Assistant
Position: MEAL Assistant
Location: Amran /Sana’a
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Assistant will provide full support to the MEAL officer mainly in routine monitoring activities, field visits, establishing and maintaining an efficient Feedback/complaint mechanism for all RI projects, carrying out routine M&E tasks & reporting, ensuring proper documentation within the MEAL department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in establishing the feedback and complaint mechanism for ongoing and new projects;
- Ensure Feedback forms received regularly from the field offices are entered promptly into the database and ensure proper follow up until case closed;
- Ensure boxes and visibility items at field level are in place and maintained and that information submitted by phone or email are entered promptly into the database;
- Provide regular reports on feedback mechanism to the MEAL Officer;
- Drafting weekly and monthly monitoring reports;
- Carry out field monitoring visits when required by the MEAL Officer;
- Assist in rapid assessments missions, surveys and analysis as required;
- Responsible for receiving beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints via phone; or other accountability process;
- Follow up and Compile projects/ monitoring weekly and monthly reports;
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the MEAL department; and
- Carry out other tasks as required by the MEAL Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in relevant field;
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities
- Very good command of English language (Speaking and writing skills);
- Ability to use MS. Office, MS. Excel in particular;
- Experience in MEAL activities, accountability-related tasks in particular is highly preferred; and
- Background in health and nutrition programs is preferred;
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight February 12, 2019 .
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted