Ended Funding Officer
JOB TITLE: Yemen Funding Officer
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: International Division, Shafar, Hajjah, Yemen JOB FAMILY: Fundraising
DURATION: 12 months One year (with possibility of extension)
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: To help shape, resource and implement Oxfam’s strategic and operational priorities in Yemen.
JOB PURPOSE: Work together with the Program Manager, Business Development Manager, other Funding and Finance colleagues, Program and Support team at field level to ensure: a) funding opportunities are identified, shared, and followed up on; b) full compliance with Oxfam contract management and donor contract requirements; c) that project proposals and reporting are timely and of high quality; and d) to support all fundraising initiatives. The role will also support capacity building of programme staff in donor reporting and proposal writing.
REPORTING TO: Program Manager with Matrix Management of Business Development Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: None
Management of restricted funds
• Supports staff and partners in ensuring compliance with Oxfam and donor requirements on the uses of restricted funds, including budget monitoring, amendment requests and timely flagging of problems.
• Supports/leads on the development, review and submission processes of high quality financial and narrative reports, ensuring consistency, accuracy, clarity and timely submission in compliance with Oxfam policies and procedures as well as donor contractual requirements.
• Works with programme and support staff to continuously improve the quality of Oxfam's proposal development and reporting.
• Supports the Program Manager, the Business Development Manager and Funding colleagues with communications to donors, including responding to information requests, income tracking, and contract amendments.
Information and systems management
• Has responsibility for managing Oxfam’s contract management and information systems as tools for contract compliance. Maintains up to date fund allocations, income monitoring, reporting and other contract records.
• Support the Program Manager to collaborate with finance and programme staff ensuring that information variances and queries are addressed in a timely manner. This includes consultation with the business development manager to get required technical adivces.
• Circulate, and follow up on donor reporting schedules with respective departments on a regular basis.
• Collect the inputs from program team and support staff and ensure proper consolidation of donor’ reports’ inputs. This includes the required appendices as part of donor reports.
• Maintain up to date logs that reflects donor engagements, e.g. phone calls, meetings, and other relevant donor- related information.
• Assist in the provision of training and support for Oxfam systems to programme and partner’ staff.
• Contribute to country monitoring reports, particularly on contract compliance, and for the maintenance of Oxfam systems.
• Monitor compliance with government processes in relation to new donor contracts, in coordination with the partnership Officer at field level.
Fundraising and proposal development
• Supports the Program Manager, programme teams and funding team in the country office, on the development and submission of high quality project proposals to donors, including providing information on donor requirements and submission schedules.
• Work with staff at all stages of the programme/project cycle in developing skills to meet donor requirements
• Working with the Business Development Manager, design and implement capacity assessments and formal and informal training for programme teams on planning, securing, and managing restricted funds. This may include coaching and accompaniment including required support to field based staff and partner organisations.
• Coordinate contract start-up and other compliance training
• Review partner grant budgets, activity plans and partnership agreements to ensure compliance with donor requirements and Oxfam policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• Experience-based skills in planning, securing, and managing funds from institutional donors, such as EC, ECHO, DFID, SIDA and UN agencies.
• Good understanding of Project Cycle Management in emergencies and development contexts.
• Sound skills in capacity building in relation to fundraising, donor contract management and programme development.
• Excellent communication skills in English – both written and verbal.
• Excellent attention to detail and experience of editing documents.
• Good administrative and numerical skills.
• Ability to manage her/his time effectively. Willing and able to adapt priorities in order to respond to changing demands.
• Self-motivated, target-driven and able to take initiatives.
• Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and relationship skills.
• Good understanding of fragile states or the Hajjah/ Hodeida context.
• Arabic language skills.
• Existing understanding of fundraising and contract management systems and procedures.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: