Ended District Monitoring Officer
Position: District Monitoring Officer
Location: Dhamar / Raymah
Reports to: Senior MEAL Officer
Duration: Till March 31, 2019 - renewable based on Fund Availability and performance.
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach - which we call the RI Way - emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The District Monitoring Officer (DMO) will report directly to the Senior MEAL Officer at the country office in Sana’a. One DCM will work in the sub-office in Dhamar/Raymah and will be in charge of monitoring the general food distribution in project-targeted districts in Raymah gov
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the work of Accountability Monitors, monitor their data collection methods and analyze information generated by them from the field.
- Undertake regular field visits to RI project sites for orientation to project activities and local conditions. Prepare routine reports on results of visits and the project’s progress.
- Ensure that the monitoring plan is carried out on a daily and weekly basis, plan and supervise evaluation exercises on a regular basis.
- Ensure that data collection methods follow an efficient and effective approach and allow to report against agreed-upon indicators.
- Undertake process monitoring to assess whether the processes of communication and field facilitation, Payment delivery and Grievance and Redressal Mechanisms are operating according to the Operations Manual/ToR and in line with plan of action. Bring to attention any major issues identified during field monitoring including fraud, mishandling and misappropriation.
- Coordinate and oversee the regular monitoring of food for assistant activities
- Coordinate and oversee the prices in all the selected stores and ensure they correspond to actual market prices.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field to ensure that the project is on course to achieve the intended results.
- Validate and verify information generated by the MEAL system.
- Oversee stakeholder – in district level- meetings as needed to provide a forum for dialogue about the performance of the project.
- Submit weekly reports on project indicators to the MEAL Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, business, development, or related field.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in Monitoring/MEAL/, ideally in the NGO sector
- Work experience in the area of MEAL required.
- A previous experience in food assistance programs is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, good communication, interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite (MS-Word, Excel).
- Very good communication skills both written and verbal (both English & Arabic).
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in stressful circumstances, and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Previous experience working in field offices is a plus.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight February 13, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted