Ended HR /Admin Officer
TITLE :HR /Admin Officer
Location: Sana’a base
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the line management of the Field Coordinator, The HR/ Admin Officer is ensuring that all the administrative processes (Finances, Human Resources, and Accounting), rules and deadlines are handled according to Handicap international standards.
According to the position, the Administration Officer must keep all the data confidential, and share it only with the accurate persons.
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Team Managed: Administrative Assistant / cashier/Cook and Cleaner
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
1. Human Resources
- Prepare and process the payments of HI staff salaries
- Ensure the application of Human Resources policy and instruments (contract, internal regulation, term and condition of engagement, assessment, training, mobility...)
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, clarification of policies, interpreting and administering contracts and helping solve work-related problems
- Ensure the recruitment policy has been followed, using all Handicap International forms and standard (assist the definition of the job profiles and prepare the job advertisements, support the team for pre-selection of candidates including interviews…)
- Follow up ending contracts for staffs according to the HR database and ensure that all the required documents are provided for amendments (extension requests...)
- Follow up end of probationary period for reminding to managers
- Prepare amendments of the contracts when needed and update the HR database according to the amendments and to the documents related (updated salaries, JD, appraisals)
- Ensure that all processes concerning disciplinary measures are understood in the team; update the Administration in case of abuses, processes not respected or understood and internal regulations not followed
- Implement and follow up attendance sheets; follow up leave requests and ensure they are validated by the right persons and update the follow up file
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Prepare and process the payment of all taxes on salary
- Ensure that all HI employee are registered for insurance and taxes
- Prepare on a monthly base the VAT declaration
- Ensure the welcoming and induction of new staff and carrying out administrative briefings
- Ensure the follow-up of services and premises contracts
- Follow-up insurance contracts
3. Implementation of financial procedures
- Ensure the existing financial procedures are respected (check bills, purchase orders, quotations…)
- Support logistic staff in all financial issues/difficulties
4. Cash flow Management (Bank and Cash)
- Manage petty cash and working advances for HI team in her/his base
- Prepare weekly treasury planning in coordination with logistic team
- Delegate and supervise petty cash to the administrative assistant when applicable
- Manage the bank book and deal with the bank for daily issues
- Limit cash flow shortage by anticipating cash and money change needs
- Prepare and pay salary advance and transmit the follow-up to the Country Administrator
- Check that vouchers are properly filled (GAP code, designation, budget lines…)
- Ensure the validity of the invoices (quality of invoices, validation)
- Computerize, on daily basis, cash and bank expenditures in AlphaK software
- Check, on weekly basis, GAP codes and budget line imputations with his/her line manager
- Carry out cash reconciliation and bank reconciliation
- Close accountancy in Alphak (advance settlement, cash and bank balances) and prepare all documents which must be signed by his/her line Manager
- Prepare the monthly sending to the coordination for checking (original invoices )
- Up-date allocation board for her/his base
- Review monthly forecast for his/her lines on the budget follow-up in collaboration with his/her line manager
- Coordinate the monthly budget follow-up review with PMs in his/her base
- Coordinate with logistic department for up-dating the purchase and service follow-up and the equipment follow-up
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (business administration)
- At least 3 years of experience in the same position (Admin)
- Detail oriented and good record keeper
- Able to draft standard letters and other written communications
- Good time management with ability to prioritise
- Good numerical skills
- Able to multi-task in dealing with all three components of the job
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working.
- Written and spoken English essential.
- Proven ability to organise work effectively.
- Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet use
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Sana’a, with frequent movements to the field
- Start: ASAP
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/ADMINOFF/SANA’A BASE+Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Tuesday, February 19th , 2019.
- Please include at least three references (stating the names of your Line Managers and an HR member for each reference), copies of Experience Certificates, and a copy of your national ID in your application.
- Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.